NH TC30 electrically dead

/ NH TC30 electrically dead #1  

JohnTerry

Tractor
New Holland TC30
After bush hogging the field, brought the tractor up to top it off with fuel. Shut it down, put fuel in, and now nothing. I mean nothing. No lights, no cylinder warm up, absolutely nothing. Battery is 2 months old showing 12.5V resting.
Advice please?

/ NH TC30 electrically dead #2  
prob a bad battery connection pos or neg. Loosen clean and reattach wires around battery including frame ground.

/ NH TC30 electrically dead #3  
Start checking connections. You have a volt meter if you were able to tell us 12.5v resting.....so use it and start following the path. See if you are getting power to the key, etc.

Also check fuses.

IF you suspect a connection somewhere....leave the key switch ON.....start wiggling wires.....if a loose/bad connection......once you move a problem area you should hear some relays click on as the dash comes to life

/ NH TC30 electrically dead
prob a bad battery connection pos or neg. Loosen clean and reattach wires around battery including frame ground.
Will do that, thanks.

/ NH TC30 electrically dead
Start checking connections. You have a volt meter if you were able to tell us 12.5v resting.....so use it and start following the path. See if you are getting power to the key, etc.

Also check fuses.

IF you suspect a connection somewhere....leave the key switch ON.....start wiggling wires.....if a loose/bad connection......once you move a problem area you should hear some relays click on as the dash comes to life
I checked the fuses, all are good. Will do the wiggle today. Thanks.

/ NH TC30 electrically dead #6  
I have a TC30 with a sometimes finicky PTO switch. Turn the key to on and then push the PTO levers to the off position and see if it comes to life.

/ NH TC30 electrically dead #8  
After bush hogging the field, brought the tractor up to top it off with fuel. Shut it down, put fuel in, and now nothing. I mean nothing. No lights, no cylinder warm up, absolutely nothing. Battery is 2 months old showing 12.5V resting.
Advice please?
Look for one of these. It will be on the main starter post along with the positive battery cable. Everything switch or dash related passes through it. If/when it fails the result is what you described.

/ NH TC30 electrically dead #9  
For all practical purposes, 12.5 volts resting is DOA.
Might wanna double check that. 12.5 is a pretty darn healthy battery

/ NH TC30 electrically dead #10  
I just had a battery holding 12.5v resting but couldn't hardly light the dash etc. The volt meter on the battery would dip to 6v with just the key on and all connections/fuses pulled. What the heck would pull a good battery down that far with hardly a load? I installed the car battery in it and it fired right off. Something wrong with that first battery even though it was 12.5v resting.