NH 8160 project

/ NH 8160 project #11  
Well I finally got back on the 8160 for a bit today.
Tryed reverse bleeding the brakes with no improvement, still both pedals together and excellent brakes, One pedal and it will go to the floor and another interesting observation when the single pedal is being push the brake fluid is actually flowing through the balance line and back into the reservoir for the master cylinders.
Removed the balance line, plugged the ports, bleed the brakes and each one is working fine.
Sent an email to A&I products we shall see if they respond.
Installed a new knob for the pto switch and indicator light.
New pressure switch for the low charge pressure warning, didn't fix that issue.
Checked out the parking brake switch, no dash light but the warning buzzer was working.
Making some progress then.

Looks like the charge warning is the big ticket now.

/ NH 8160 project #12  
Lou what are you using the 8160 for?

/ NH 8160 project
Making some progress then.

Looks like the charge warning is the big ticket now.
Yes it is, not sure what the issue is there are 2 spring loaded valves that I need to pull and check out. I just finished ordering the o-rings I'll need to reassemble the pieces I have to pull them out. Once I get the tubing that holds one I can see what kind of deep well pin spanner I'll need to build to pull them out of the threaded bosses they sit in or buy the special NH tool.
I find it hard to believe that the charge pump isn't working as the steering works good and the transmission shifts fair.

/ NH 8160 project
Lou what are you using the 8160 for?
When she is in shape it'll be available if it's wanted over at the farm.
My primary usage will be winter driveway maintenance which is mine and the farms.
Also my boom mower walks the Branson on side hills so it shouldn't bother as much.
My sander has pushed the Branson 8050 which is a 10,000+ pound tractor on chains some, never real bad, but enough to get your attention some times, the 8160 is another ton heavier with bigger rubber so she should hold better on the hills with a load once I get the chains for her.
I may look for a loader or just a good sized snow plow blade for the front for winter.

/ NH 8160 project
Oh forgot to add, you don't have enough tractors if you have to swap implements on and off.
Need a tractor per implement. So I still need several more. 🤠
It's much easier at my age to change tractors instead of implements.

/ NH 8160 project
Got back on the 8160 again last Sunday for a couple of hours. Installed the new hydraulic back pressure valve in the feed to the low pressure system. It cleared up the flashing charge pressure dash alarm. Trying to do the calibration on the 3 point, didn't have any good progress on that front. So next step will be some pressure checks of the low pressure system and some voltage checks to the 3 point controller and switches. The 2 remote fender lift/lower switches don't show in the shitch check modes and I need to clean a few years of collected oil and dirt from under the cab and around the wiring harnesses, and the control valve for the lift cylinder. Need to get it clean enough to not contaminate the hydraulics when taking it apart and checking pressures and such.