NH 463 disc mower

/ NH 463 disc mower #1  

Simpkins85

Bronze Member
I found a NH 463 disc mower in great shape barn kept for $3000 is this to high for this mower and are they pretty good mowers?

/ NH 463 disc mower #2  
I have never used a NH463 , called a friend who has one. First question he asked how many acres per year,what kind of grass or legume, how big a tractor? He explaned that his broke mowing pren. peanuts behind a 155hp tractor. I wonder why, operator error( stupidity) ,as his big tractor has ac.Other than that he likes it.

/ NH 463 disc mower
I have a Tn 75 which is about 63 hp at pto and about 120 acres a year

/ NH 463 disc mower #4  
I found a NH 463 disc mower in great shape barn kept for $3000 is this to high for this mower and are they pretty good mowers?

One of these sold on eBay last Dec for $2000. Nice 7ft mower. Discs looked in good shape. The curtains were in OK condition. I probably could handle this one with the 45 pto hp on my Mahindra 5525.

/ NH 463 disc mower #5  
I stoped by the NH dealer today to look at a baler and he had a 463 mower, it would rate an 8 maybe almost 9. He was asking $4100, ouch I will keep using the old 451 sbar. At 63 hp you should have no problem with the 463. Making hay on 120 ac is going to give your TN 75 a workout.

/ NH 463 disc mower #6  
All depends where the 120 ac is. Those dry land guys that don't ted and only rake to get a big enough windrow to bale could put that up in no time. I'd be 36 days of full time work with 2 helpers getting it in as small squares!

/ NH 463 disc mower #7  
We purchased a New Holland 463 mower back in 1995. Since then every year I mow about 7 miles of levee on the Mississippi River. No major problems out of it from normal uses other than normal wear and tear, skid plates, blades and a few disc. Only thing that went out on it was the main gear box, but that was because I failed to check the oil in it and well everyone knows what no oil in a gear box will do!

/ NH 463 disc mower #8  

That is high enough for used and no warranty. Usually when a farmer trades disc mowers, there has been or will be problems. A New 7 ft disc mower that we sell cost $5795. This may help you on price comparisons. Ken Sweet