NH 450 sickle bar mower

/ NH 450 sickle bar mower #1  

5103Owner

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 5103
The farmer I work for is willing to give me one and since I have no experience with operation and maintanace of one I turn to you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif if you could tell me how to use it, and how hard parts are to come by, he said it needed a couple. I just want to cut a couple of banks around the property and maybe help some frends cut hay. (the main object is to save me weed wacking) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks,
Stefan

/ NH 450 sickle bar mower
The farmer I work for is willing to give me one and since I have no experience with operation and maintanace of one I turn to you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif if you could tell me how to use it, and how hard parts are to come by, he said it needed a couple. I just want to cut a couple of banks around the property and maybe help some frends cut hay. (the main object is to save me weed wacking) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks,
Stefan

/ NH 450 sickle bar mower #3  
Parts are still available thru Ford/NH. We have just finished rebuilding 1 this week and parts were no problem. I would consider getting a owners manual from the dealer--Ken Sweet

/ NH 450 sickle bar mower #4  
Parts are still available thru Ford/NH. We have just finished rebuilding 1 this week and parts were no problem. I would consider getting a owners manual from the dealer--Ken Sweet

does anyone know when it was made? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

does anyone know when it was made? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ NH 450 sickle bar mower #7  
I'm not sure when production of the 450 began. Sometime in the late 50's I THINK. The 451 replaced the 450 in the mid-to-late 60's. I've got a 451. (Early serial #) They saw some updates as production went along too. (Mostly strenghtening the frame) About 95% of the 451 parts will interchange with the 450.

/ NH 450 sickle bar mower #8  
I'm not sure when production of the 450 began. Sometime in the late 50's I THINK. The 451 replaced the 450 in the mid-to-late 60's. I've got a 451. (Early serial #) They saw some updates as production went along too. (Mostly strenghtening the frame) About 95% of the 451 parts will interchange with the 450.