NH 269 Knotter Prolems Again

/ NH 269 Knotter Prolems Again #1  

bjr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma JM354
The 4 mounting bolt holes (on the cheek plates) for the knotter assembly are egg shaped, which allows the whole assembly to be pulled forward. This allow slack in the drive chain and also puts tension on the knotter actuating bar (the one that goes to the star wheel). It doesn稚 drop because of the extra tension. So, I get bunch very short ties. The knotter just keeps trying to tie. Is this a common problem for the older NH balers? What is the accepted repair for this? Drill out to 7/16 or 1/2 bolts?
Now for the other issue I think the twine discs are moving from the 5/16 inch adjustment. I am using Poly twine right from the NH dealer. The knots are not tying and I think they may be pulling thru the twine holders (the knot appears to be pulling one string) and those springs are nearly bottom out on being tight adjustment. The pinion retaining nuts are tight. I already had to replace a split pinion gear from the former operator over tightening. Is there a remedy for this? Maybe take off pinion gear and sand shaft to make rougher and reassemble? bjr