next project. rear wheel weight adaptors

/ next project. rear wheel weight adaptors #1  

Blown R/T

Tractor
International Farmall 35 W/ L-340 Fel quick attach 68" bucket. 72 R mid deck & 200 & 782
I'm going to make rear wheel weight adaptors for my tractor. I'm using bar bell weights to adapt the A Farmall weights. I had these A Farmall rear weights on my 234 IH, and the bolt pattern is now different on my 2008 Farmall 35.

Attachments

• IMG_5389.JPG
    IMG_5389.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 157
   / next project. rear wheel weight adaptors #2  
I assume the adapter will be bolted in both directions? Ie barbell weight bolts to your wheel, and then new weights bolt to the barbell weight?

I ask because if you were to adapt from your wheel to the barbell center hole, you'd be 90% of the way there to just keep sliding on more barbell weights! But you probably cant trade tractor wheel weights for more barbell weights. Im all about using what you have. :)

/ next project. rear wheel weight adaptors #3  
Is the pattern different? or,, is the quantity of holes different?

I wanted to add Farmall weights to the JD855,,
both had four holes, but, on different bolt diameters.

I simply took lengths of threaded rod, and bolted the weights to the wheels.
The threaded rod is at an angle,
we simply tightened each rod a little until the weight was centered on the wheel.

The weights were installed in 2016, so, they have been on for almost 6 years,, no problems.
They have even been taken off, and replaced twice due to tire issues, and they went right back on.

If you have the wrong quantity of holes, drilling a hole or two might be a solution.

855 Weight2.jpg

TIRE TREE.jpg

My SIL thought we were wasting our time adding the weights,,
THEN, after a tire issue, he tried to mow with the weights removed,,
HE quickly wanted to re-install the weights,, they made THAT much difference,,

/ next project. rear wheel weight adaptors #4  
Is the tire tree for climbing? I kind of like it.

/ next project. rear wheel weight adaptors #5  
Is the tire tree for climbing? I kind of like it.

Yea, I have four grandchildren, age 10 and under,, I build EVERYTHING for them.
I am surprised, though,, no one has climbed on top of the top tire,,, YET,,,,
That must be two years, now,,

And, actually, they have different friends over frequently,,
including a trampoline, a walk beam, swings,, and a couple other things,,
the tire tree is BY FAR the most popular!!

The center is a piece of Lowes type pallet rack.

/ next project. rear wheel weight adaptors #6  
Thanks. Im actually still in early days of a late start with my own kids (37yo w 3yo and 3mo). Hopefully I can still build things when they have kids! But right now im just thinking ahead for the 3yo. Thanks!

/ next project. rear wheel weight adaptors
I had a bit of time to get this under way. here is a weight I'm going to use, and the Barbell weight marked. BB weight will be drilled for both (4) bolt OE Farmall weight pattern and the (3) bolt OE tractor wheel pattern. acting as the adaptor. these weights were adapted to my older 234. and I used plywood. it broke. I want it done better this time around. local steel supply quoted almost $400.00 for the 2 pcs from them. 3/4" steel. I think these cast BB weights will work well here!
will update as I go.

Attachments

• IMG_5399.JPG
    IMG_5399.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5402.JPG
    IMG_5402.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
   / next project. rear wheel weight adaptors
Finally made time to finish this weight project. I will need the ballast this spring. turned out nice. the weights are family farm items. they were given to me from my late Dad. he would get a kick out of this use. there is no liquid ballast in these tires. I don't want any as I mow with this tractor as well. east to pop them off when I mow.

Attachments

• IMG_5747.JPG
    IMG_5747.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5755.JPG
    IMG_5755.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5751.JPG
    IMG_5751.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
   / next project. rear wheel weight adaptors #9  
Looks nice! Not sure what you meant about tire fill because whether the weight is in the tire or on the rim it still pushes down on the contact patch by the same number of lbs. If you mean either/or but not both then yeah, i understand not wanting to overdo it and make a problem where there was none before.