Newest Kubota Attachment

/ Newest Kubota Attachment #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
Hey guys/gals, just wanted to share information on the newest Kubota attachment. It's the 90 series Tote Box. All steel construction. Easy Tilt. Removeable tailgate that stores conveniently in the front of the box. Quick Hitch compatable. Can be painted in any color. Not sure how many of these will be produced. I seem to have the prototype model because I haven't seen any others. Great attachment and the price was right!!! ;)

Attachments

• DSC01079.JPG
    DSC01079.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 1,103
  • DSC01082.JPG
    DSC01082.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 811
  • DSC01088.JPG
    DSC01088.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 797
   / Newest Kubota Attachment #2  
Nice job. I like the way the rear hatch stores away.

/ Newest Kubota Attachment #3  
That looks great. I can see a need for this since it is QA compatible.
I need some specs.
LxWxD.
and the big one, how much?
almost forgot, I hope their is a locking mechanism for tilt capbility otherwise I'll have to add one.
thanks
Chuck

/ Newest Kubota Attachment #4  
And as a bonus it seems to fit fine on the Harbor Freight Quick Hitch!

I like it.

/Todd

/ Newest Kubota Attachment #5  
Great looking box.... I know you'll take it with you everywhere! Thanks for sharing

/ Newest Kubota Attachment #6  
Good looking tool, interested in the size, and if I order one, will you throw in one of the new fangled exhaust stacks in your first picture, especially the fancy rain cap.:)

/ Newest Kubota Attachment
My first task with this box was to haul a load of firewood. Just as I started to back in the shop, the box dumped, spilling the load. So I went inside and built a latch, see attached pic. As for the dimensions, I bought a 4'x8'x1/8" sheet of steel and cut out a 48"x30" bottom, 48"x20" front, two 30"x20" sides and the 48"x16" tailgate which left me with a small scrap of steel. 2.5"x1/4" angle iron make the frame. 1.5"x1/8" angle iron forms the frame around the bottom and the rear corners with short pieces making the guides for the tailgate as well as the holder brackets in the front. The dump hinge pins are 17" from the front of the box. Total cost is $160. I couldn't believe how high priced steel is right now. Poor timing on my part!!! But it will last me a lifetime. Future plans are to add a dump cylinder when I install rear remotes on the tractor.

As for the aftermarket exhaust on the tractor, I had to order that special!!! :p

Attachments

• DSC01090.JPG
    DSC01090.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC01091.JPG
    DSC01091.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 530
   / Newest Kubota Attachment #8  
milkman said:
Good looking tool, interested in the size, and if I order one, will you throw in one of the new fangled exhaust stacks in your first picture, especially the fancy rain cap.:)

You beat me to asking about the fancy Kubota birdhouse option.
I would imagine that it also has a folding option, like a R.O.P.S. ??????

WALT

/ Newest Kubota Attachment #9  
Gee, I was going to be a smartass and ask about your hood ornament! Maybe a cable or some type of pull rod attached to the latch would be a convenient way to dump whatever load you have without getting out of the seat- of course you would then have to relatch from the ground, but that may be beneficial in some instances. What about a HYDRAULIC dump?!!!! Nice job, though.

/ Newest Kubota Attachment
ELMO67 said:
Gee, I was going to be a smartass and ask about your hood ornament! Maybe a cable or some type of pull rod attached to the latch would be a convenient way to dump whatever load you have without getting out of the seat- of course you would then have to relatch from the ground, but that may be beneficial in some instances. What about a HYDRAULIC dump?!!!! Nice job, though.

Actually the way the latch is designed it would relatch when the box reset itself so that's a thought.

As for hydraulic dump, I'm all over that as soon as I get rear remotes!!! :)