Newer grey market tractors?

/ Newer grey market tractors? #1  

Durbob

Gold Member
Can anybody tell me why you never see a 2 or 3 year old grey market tractor, and is it possible to buy a new one. If i wanted a new Iseke tractor,could i get one somewhere.... Just wondering. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Newer grey market tractors? #2  
The bulk of them are leased by farm co-ops to farmers, and are then wholesaled out when the lease expires. I don't know the length of the leases.

/ Newer grey market tractors? #3  
Seems like a buddy of mine had the oppurtunity to import a Mitsubishi that was only 4-5 years old. He said it was nice but the price was high. That is what you have to remember. These tractors are less expensive because they are 15-20 years old. The parts for the greys are not that much of a problem any more due to the sheer numbers of them in the states. If you bought a 2-3 year old grey, chances are you would be 1 of a handful that might have a tractor like that and the importers would have to get parts from Japan should you have a problem.

/ Newer grey market tractors? #4  
I occasionally get the opportunuty to import very late model tractors, but the prices are way too high. I'd have to sell them for nearly what you would spend for a new tractor.

You can buy new Iseki's, just contact Rainbow Distributing in Hawaii. They are an official Iseki dealer, I believe the only one in the USA.

/ Newer grey market tractors?
Dave, i saw Rainbows webite which is what made me wonder if they can sell them in Hawai, then why not on the mainland. I thought about e-mailing them to see what one costs , but i figure the cost of everything is higher in Hawai,so i wasn't sure that was a good way to tell what they would cost here.
They look real sharp though.

/ Newer grey market tractors? #6  
My understanding was the reason you can't buy a new iseki, yanmar etc is because they have non-compete agreements with the domestic brand tractors to whom they supply engines and in some cases the entire tractor. Perhaps Iseki has been allowed to sell new tractors in Hawaii because there is little competition for the domestic brands there?
Here is a link to Rainbow:
Rainbow Distributors - Iseki tractors

/ Newer grey market tractors? #7  
Iseki supplies engines to Massey Ferguson for their 1400 series and AGCO for their ST series compacts. After looking at the Rainbow Distributor website those ISEKI tractors sure look very similar to the AGCO ST series compacts. The hood, grill and side panels look almost identical to the AGCO ST's, which I will be purchasing one of in a few weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Newer grey market tractors? #8  
They don't just supply the engine they buid the whole tractor for them. The Iseki TA series from the late 1980's looks more like the current Massey and AGCO's than does the ones on Rainbow's page.

/ Newer grey market tractors? #9  
The MF 1240, 1250 & 1260 are exactly the Iseki TK 527, 532 & 538. The smaller 1200's are TM and TF's. I don't have a cross on the 1400"s and the larger 1400 don't cross just right from what I can tell with what Iseki sells as Iseki.

/ Newer grey market tractors? #10  
I have had a few TA model Isekis. I have a Massey 1250 manual and an Iseki TA262 manual and a TA270 manusl. The part numbers are different but the parts are identical. I order from Massey using their numbers and they go right on the Isekis. I currently have an Iseki TA215 that is a dead ringer for a Massey 1145. The Massey 1145 operators manual fits the Iseki to the T.