/ Newbie #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
Hi all, I'm a new Massey Ferguson 2410 TLB owner and will take delivery next saturday! I'm looking forward to playingon my land and getting jobs done on my time frame.:thumbsup:
Thanks,
Bill

/ Newbie #5  
Congrats!

Remember, We all love to see pics.

/ Newbie
As a Pro Photographer, you can be sure that photos will follow!!!

Hey Tom, How do like your thumb?? I'm looking to add one, just not sure if I'll need it? DId you buy it from the dealer or private party?

/ Newbie #7  
As a Pro Photographer, you can be sure that photos will follow!!!

Hey Tom, How do like your thumb?? I'm looking to add one, just not sure if I'll need it? DId you buy it from the dealer or private party?

The thumb is great. I was using it just today pulling rocks out of the ground and stacking them into a pile/wall. I had the dealer install it when I bought the tractor. It is a weld on Sundown brand, model UAT50. The thumb is very rugged, and a little big for this machine. It's a lot beefier than a bolt on model, but it does cost a little more than the bro-tek. The dealer told me they use this model for tractors up to 60hp :eek:. Truth be told, the bigger the thumb, the better.

The more I use the bh, the more I appreciate the thumb. It took me a little while, say 25 hrs, of time on the BH for me develop enough skill so I could make good use of it. I'm still learning.

I have been using it enough where I would really like to have it hydraulically actuated. I recently spoke with the dealer about adding a cylinder. Since the GC doesn't have any remotes, it gets costly. They install a electric solenoid diverter valve that directs fluid to the thumb when a button is pressed. Unfortunately I was quoted about $1500 to have the valve, plumbing and cylinder installed. $400 for a manual thumb was money well spent for sure. $2k for hydraulic is just to rich. If I used the machine to make money it would be a no brainer. I just work around the yard, and I'm cheaper than I am lazy, so a manual thumb it will remain.

I don't think you need a thumb, but you will like having it. Especially as you gain experience. It will allow you to do more with the bh.

/ Newbie
Here are some photos of the new toys.:tractor:

Attachments

• DSCN0865.JPG
    DSCN0865.JPG
    676.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0870.JPG
    DSCN0870.JPG
    683 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN0876.JPG
    DSCN0876.JPG
    683.7 KB · Views: 58
   / Newbie #9  
Looks good, thanks for the pics

Also...you got it just in time to fill in that arched trench in your yard.

good timing! ;)

/ Newbie #10  
Now you need t opost the pics in the Massey owning forum for all to see