Newbie woes

/ Newbie woes #1  

dnw64

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab
Just laughing at myself a bit here. I've never really worked on/with Ag equipment before. I did work at a country club throughout HS but all we used the tractor for was pulling mowers. And that was 35+ years ago...

Anyways, I wanted to use my 3 pt mounted drawbar today, to pull a small trailer. It had been in the Full Down position since I bought the tractor. So I was playing with the lift and when I tried to let it down it wouldn't go. Even when applied my 210# on it, which seemed like it should be enough, it wouldn't budge a mm.

Thankfully, I had spent the bucks and purchased an Operator Manual, and found that there is such a thing as Descent Speed, and apparently it had been set at None...

:D

Last edited:
   / Newbie woes #2  
You be surprised how many folks find that to be the problem. Good catch. Now you know that knob works.

/ Newbie woes #3  
Oh, Yeah. I remember those days fondly.

It's been 5 years and 600+ hours now.

I'm still finding things on my LS that I didn't know before.

They've kept my wife from finding a cadaver out in the fields.

It's a sad day when you DON'T learn something new!!

Stay safe, stay dirty and keep learning.

/ Newbie woes
Thanks.

AS we say in the shop "ok, you learned something new, you can go home now" ... not. :D

/ Newbie woes #5  
Thanks.

AS we say in the shop "ok, you learned something new, you can go home now" ... not. :D

There is as thread started about 20 months ago or so called dumb questions that need good answers. It covers quite a varied quantity of topics by numerous rookie users. Maybe you'll stop over to it and learn and add in :)

/ Newbie woes
And.. I see you're the one who started it :D

Thanks!