newbie ?'s on a B2150

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150 #1  

jdrotert

Silver Member
Tractor
B2150DT
newbie ?\'s on a B2150

I just purchased a B2150D (gear-shift 4WD) w/FEL and 5' finish mower. Where can I get a swinging drawbar (besides a dealer)? Also I need turf tires real bad. I know what sizes I need, but where's a good place to get them? I have two more questions, but will start them in another thread...stay tuned!

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150 #2  
Re: newbie ?\'s on a B2150

What's a swinging drawbar? Are you referring to the bar you put between the 3pt hitch link arms?
Todd

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150 #3  

3-Point Drawbar

DBARDWG.gif

Is this what you're referring to as a "swinging drawbar"?

For your tractor, it's cheap, under $20... CAT I.

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150 #4  

I thought the "swinging drawbar" was the other one; sticks straight out the back of the tractor and on some tractors (mostly big ones) it can swing from side to side or be pinned in a particular spot. Problem is I don't know of any place but the dealer to get one. I had to buy one for my '95 B7100 (about 50 bucks/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif), but it's standard equipment on my B2710.

Bird

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150 #5  

I have a B2150 and have the "Swinging Drawbar". It is the long straight one that connects at the bottom of the tractor. It has the ability to swing from side to side or straight out the back.. The only place I know to get it from the dealer as well. It's expensive, around $45-50. Make sure when you order it to order the pin to connect it. they are considered separate parts.

Tim

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150 #6  

If you have a metal fabricating shop near you, you might want to try them. It's either 1x3 or 3/4x3 bar stock and they can cut it to length for you and drill the holes for a reasonable cost. Probably less than the cost from a dealer.
The only thing missing is the paint and I'm sure that you can do that.
Good luck
DaleW

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150

I don't need the drawbar that goes between the 3PH lift arms (I already have one). I'm talking about the one that pins to the underside of the rear axle. Tim, could you measure the width and length of yours (the drawbar that is)? I slid my 3PH drawbar into the swinging drawbar slot last night. It fit real good. One question I do have though. I know the drawbar pins way under the tractor (forward of the rear axle), but to keep it from swinging, do you place two pins on either side of it in the holes in the hitch, or do you put one pin through the hitch plates and it? I suspect the latter. My father owns a machine shop (boy do I have it good!). I plan on getting the steel and drilling the holes myself.

I can't wait to get a 220V circuit in my new shop so I can weld again. The way the service drops to the house, we wil have to dig a trench through the front yard for about 200'. Can't convince the wife to spend $3000 or $4000 for a backhoe for the tractor! Will probably rent a trencher. Enough for now...

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150 #8  

I got the swing drawbar on my b8200 but i keep it pinned in the center

Alex (B8200/HST/4WD/FEL/MidM/Tiller

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150 #9  

You may not need to rent a trencher. There has been at least one, if not two threads, that talk specifically about cutting a trench for electrical services etc. I believe one person used a potato plow aka middle buster. Another person used a single tooth ripper.

Peter

/ newbie ?'s on a B2150 #10  

I HAVE A SWINGING DRAWBAR/ W PIN SITTING IN MY GARAGE FROM MY 2150. YOU ARE WELCOME TO IT. I CAN SHIP IT TO YOU VIA. UPS COLLECT. I AM ONLY LOOKING FOR SHIPPING EXPENSES. IT WEIGHS 13 LBS. DIMENSIONS ARE 18 3/16" LONG X 2 7/16" WIDE X 1" THICK. IT HAS 5 HOLES. 2 HOLES THAT ARE 3/4" DIA. ON EITHER END AND 3 HOLES THAT ARE 5/8" DIA. BETWEEN THE 3/4" DIA. HOLES. THE PIN FITS IN ONE OF THE 5/8" DIA. HOLE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
FRED