Mowing newbie bx2360 owner unable to lower mower deck

/ newbie bx2360 owner unable to lower mower deck #1  

jeski

Tractor
kubota
good morning all. I've just received a used bx2360 as part of a home purchase. Tractor runs well as I've mowed a field at the back of my property with no issues. I've read the manual regarding raising & lowering the mover deck, but am unable to turn the hydraulic control dial. Even tried using a strap wrench to no avail. Currently set to the highest setting. I simply can't budge it.
Any advice? Thanks in advance.

-jeski
:confused:

/ newbie bx2360 owner unable to lower mower deck #2  
Raise the deck to the highest point using your hydraulics. This will pull the deck tight against the underbelly of your tractor and relieve the stress on the knob. If it is in the "top" position, the deck is hanging from it and it will be impossible to adjust until you get the deck raised above the set point. If this doesn't work, make sure the there is no foreign material on top of the deck that is binding it when it is raised to the top position. If that doesn't work, spray some penetrating oil on the shaft of the the control valve and repeat the above. If that doesn't work, gently jack up the back of the deck until it hits the undercarriage and then attempt to rotate the knob. If that doesn't work, take it to your dealer for help. Once the deck is raised above the height you intend to set it, it should rotate without much resistance.

/ newbie bx2360 owner unable to lower mower deck
thank you! will give this a try.

Thank you very much Skipperbrown. Fantastic advice, cleaned up the material on the deck and we're good to go!

/ newbie bx2360 owner unable to lower mower deck #5  
I don't know that tractor setup but you wrote great instructions. Each step made sense as you explained it.

I don't know that tractor setup but you wrote great instructions. Each step made sense as you explained it.

completely agree. 100%