New Yanmar YM Series Tractor

/ New Yanmar YM Series Tractor #11  
I mis-stated above. The clutch is required to change directions. I went out and practiced for a bit, and it is absolutely necessary. The direction change does not require a stop.

/ New Yanmar YM Series Tractor #12  
I mis-stated above. The clutch is required to change directions. I went out and practiced for a bit, and it is absolutely necessary. The direction change does not require a stop.
So you can be going 10mph forward and then slam it to reverse? ? ? OUCH.

/ New Yanmar YM Series Tractor #13  
So you can be going 10mph forward and then slam it to reverse? ? ? OUCH.
It says that you must slow down in the manual. I would venture to guess that it would lift you out of the seat if you tried it at 10mph. It works well for loader work, I wouldn't want to change direction when moving fast.

/ New Yanmar YM Series Tractor #14  
10 mph me tinks you would be a sorry hood orament

willy

/ New Yanmar YM Series Tractor #15  
I've got eight hours now on my new YM347. I really like this tractor. The dealer's 5 miles away and the same outfit I've been buying Case from for many years. They picked up Yanmar three years ago or so. I know and trust their service manager and he tells me they're just not having problems with these. This YM347 replaces a 2007 Case DX 45 cab that didn't have a loader as it was primarily a mowing tractor. I mow with a 2001 NH TN75D now and this will be a landscaping/grounds maintenance/yard-chore tractor. This is the first open station tractor I've owned in 15 years. It's nice being a little closer to mother nature again.

I'm loving that it's gear-drive too.

YM347 w:thansfer tank.jpg

/ New Yanmar YM Series Tractor
That’s a really good lookin tractor and a beautiful property. Congrats on the new YM347, nice to see somebody on the forum has one now. It’s one of the tractors on my short list.

/ New Yanmar YM Series Tractor #17  
How slow is LOW/1-2? I’ll be doing a lot of tilling.

/ New Yanmar YM Series Tractor #18  
Well, no Yanmar dealers in Indiana, actually sell tractors… so, they are out. Too bad too, they look like a decent unit.