Oil & Fuel New yanmar 1700 owner needing help coolant in oil

/ New yanmar 1700 owner needing help coolant in oil #1  

wontono

Tractor
YM1700
I just purchased a yanmar 1700 from an online auction with live video feed. Needless to say I saw the tractor drive through and so I assumed it was in good shape. Picked tractor up today and as we were loading I saw steam or smoke or a mixture. Checking the oil I found coolant mixed with the oil. So I gave $1100 spent $300 in gas driving to pick it up. So now I am looking for help I am wanting to know if there are any other areas that could leak coolant into the oil other than through the head gasket or from a warped head. Also is it worth fixing would it be possible to get my money back out of this tractor if I decide to fix and sell.

/ New yanmar 1700 owner needing help coolant in oil #2  
It seems that head gaskets are a major topic here on this thread. If you search around you will find lots more info. Hoye has the gaskets. But also check for a warped head, and they can be machined. You are into it 1400 bucks so far, and that tractor up here would fetch 3 or more grand bare bones. Don't know if it a 1700 or 1700D but the 4wd of the D model will fetch another grand.

/ New yanmar 1700 owner needing help coolant in oil #3  
I wouldn't do any more business with that auction company!

That's about what it should have sold for with the problems disclosed. You have a decent margin to spend money on it and still sell it with minimal/no loss, if you have to.

I agree with everything Pete said. It's quite likely that a $50 head gasket is all it needs. The valve cover gasket is reusable, rubber, just be careful removing it.

You may need to flush the cooling system if you conclude that overheating was what took out the HG.

Once it is back on its feet, you will love it.

/ New yanmar 1700 owner needing help coolant in oil #4  
Keep it. You may find it's a cheap and easy fix to get it back to running condition. I believe for Ga. 2M for a 1700 is about what they go for. In good running cond. Go Dawgs;)