New tricks, old backhoe - T6

/ New tricks, old backhoe - T6 #1  

agjones

Platinum Member
Tractor
Rk55HC 4n1 fel/bh, Power-Trac 1850, 425d, Terex pt30, Kubota kx033, bx1880, yanmar 8x8 dumper, Magnatrac mh5000 w/ loader, six way blade & backhoe, Dew-eze ATM72LC Slope Mower, Terramite t6 4wd, DR Power brush mower
I acquired a 98 T6 over the winter. Added a flow divider and 3 new circuits to the machine.

1&2 are on a 2 spool joystick valve and operate 1- grapple/4n1 type attachments for the loader. Plus, 2-tilt (side to side but curl) making it a 6way loader.

The rear got a new joystick handle w two buttons to control the new hydraulic thumb.

A little housekeeping to do and I'll get some jobsite pics tomorrow....
0422190911.jpg0422190912.jpg0422190911a.jpg0422190911_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
   / New tricks, old backhoe - T6 #2  
Subscribed, just to see your pics. :D

/ New tricks, old backhoe - T6
Edited to add pics... Sure wish that was an easier process. I'll link up a video tomorrow.

/ New tricks, old backhoe - T6 #4  
You've done what so many of us want to do!
Can you give us a list of the valve part numbers and any other components that you used?

You've done what so many of us want to do!
Can you give us a list of the valve part numbers and any other components that you used?
Sure a few days, but glad to..

Main parts of upgrade :

titanattachments skidsteer tilt plate sstilt 1200
2 spool joystick valve w pwr BYD 200
Priority flow divider 50
12v solenoid cylinder valve 75
Summit hydraulics joystick handle w rocker switch 150
A lot of hose & fittings 250
Linville hydraulic thumb 200

Using the power beyond outlet from the loader valve, I installed the divider to spilt flow to the thumb (solenoid /switch handle) and new joystick valve. The joystick valve is a bit left of the steering wheel and controls the side to side tilt of front attached implements... Along with any additional function, like grapple or 4n1. I can use both hands at the same time to affect loader and mounted functions. The solenoid valve is mounted on the wheel well. While the divider is in the nest of hoses under the bh controls.

I used a longer hydraulic cylinder on the advice of the maker that allows the thumb to lay mostly flat on the stick.

The terramite is a great platform to modify bc there's a lot of space and passages for hose. I'm pretty happy with the added features. Currently working on a tilt bh bucket using a helac rotator I got cheap on eBay. It will be paired with a selector valve allowing the joystick switch to control the thumb or tilt. By the time that is operational I'll be 3k into mods (including the gemplers tire goo). About 1/2 my purchase price for the bh. Worth every penny in my trail, pond and drainage work!

/ New tricks, old backhoe - T6 #7  
THAT IS S W E E T ! YES SIR S W E E T !
I could not have said it better than DoubleO.
also did you install the quick connect plate or did it come with it
Please send some more pictures

The sstilt unit from titan attachments is a female skid-steer --> tilt mechanism --> male skid-steer. So all we did to it is weld up a pin pattern for the bh terramite on the machine side... I'll get more pics.