New Tractor

/ New Tractor #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
Recently bought 5 acres of land on Seneca Lake in NY. Land currently covered with brush and small trees. Have a JD 4110 ordered to use as a work tractor to help with clearing land and then with landscape work around the house and driveway.
Waiting for the tractor to arrive, due mid October. The biggest unit I have operated up to this point is a JD GT200 series. Must say I have learned a great deal about tractors in general over the past few days on TBN. I feel this is a great site and look forward to using it in the future!

/ New Tractor #2  
Congrats on your new JD. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mid October before your JD arrives /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif thats lot of pacing. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ New Tractor #3  
I purchased 5 acres in Tupper Lake NY in June. My new Kubota 7500 has been a God send for doing all the work you discribed. I put a 300 ft road in, dug for my utilities and cleared for the house and garage. This past week I laid my foundation for the garage and hope to have it built before winter. I'll start on the house in the spring. I really can't remember when I've had so much enjoyment working. It is such great feeling of accomplisment seeing a woodlot being transformed into a beautiful place to live. We are heading to the property for the weekend (our camper is set up on it) to burn brush.
Have fun with your new tractor and good luck with the property. Take pictures!
-Terry

/ New Tractor #4  
welcome to the forum/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif no delivery till mid october?hope u have some decent weather till the crap hits, but with a new tractor that can be fun also.

/ New Tractor #5  
Congrats on the recent purchase of your land and that new Deere.Don't concern yourself too much about your experience "in the saddle".

When that new baby shows up,just take it nice and slow,and really get the feel of things.You'll be a seasoned veteran in no time!!!