New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,472  
Experience can save you a lot of money. Mistake can be expensive.
When my Dad started as an engineer in 1950 right out of college he was trained for 2 years in the workings of the refinery. He wasn't just thrown to the wolves. The company invested in him and he retire with a pension after 34 yrs. Too bad that business model went away years ago.
So now companies get turnover because younger people know how to play the game. Work a few years and then find another job that pays more and keep doing that every few years.
I worked as senior electrical engineer and project manager when I retired from aerospace but I started 35 years before as a expediter (aka gofer). After a few years I took a military leave of absence and was trained as a electronic tech as I served my country. Went back to the company as a experienced electronic tech and received the 4 years in the military as retirement credit and seniority in the company. Moved up the ranks as a tech, then a engineer, section manager and then project management. They kept promoting me because I did my job well and they knew I could do the next the job well. I never received a formal degree but I took several specialty courses that directly applied to the job I was doing at the time.

My brother worked at the same company and also started at the bottom as a stock clerk and moved up the ranks to a senior project manager. My son is doing the same thing now.

In aerospace there were a lot of people bouncing around from company to company for pay increases but most of the ones I knew never went far. They were considered hired help that might leave at any point and the first to go when a layoff started.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining
#1,473  
Well back to tractor sales :) lol , I went to a local (30 mins away) kubota dealer to see what they had in the way of UTV/Side by Side. They had one really nice diesel on the lot but i noticed they had 20 bx23s with bucket and hoe all lined up with a lot of other equipment there too. I wasn't able to get a price as I was just looking and the salesman was busy with a client who was buying I didn't want to rush his sale.
I then went to a huge dealer of powersports and looked at the polaris they had in stock. their showroom was filled. So now its a waiting game.....
Thanks for the feedback Forge.

#1,474  
I never received a formal degree but I took several specialty courses that directly applied to the job I was doing at the time.
The big difference here is you pursued it on your own, nobody spoon fed it to you and then promised you a certificate at the end that meant you were qualified. Your qualification came with practice and seat time.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,475  
Over the years that I was in the work force, I have found that there are book smart people, and world smart people. Book smarts very seldom translates to a great employee. I used to prefer world smart folks, that could actually use their brains to figure out real solutions to actual problems, not the ones that would just throw crap at the wall, and hope something would finally stick to it. It is nice to see and hear that some lots re starting to fillup with tractors and farm equipment. Hopefully people will be able to hold off on their purchases long enough to see prices get back to fair and reasonable once again.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,477  
Over the years that I was in the work force, I have found that there are book smart people, and world smart people. Book smarts very seldom translates to a great employee. I used to prefer world smart folks, that could actually use their brains to figure out real solutions to actual problems, not the ones that would just throw crap at the wall, and hope something would finally stick to it. It is nice to see and hear that some lots re starting to fillup with tractors and farm equipment. Hopefully people will be able to hold off on their purchases long enough to see prices get back to fair and reasonable once again.
I think it has to happen. You can’t combine high prices and high interest rates and expect people to buy.
The plandemic is over. Those sales were made. Now we are back to a non-pandemic mentality (for now-you never know what may happen next) and I don’t think we will see the “fear/panic” buying we saw in 19-21

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,478  
Wait for it ... periods of out of control inflation are always followed by periods of reduced sales caused by the consumers reduced buying power. Reduced sales lead to incentive based reduced pricing.
But you have to wait for it... as the majority will. A few guys will buy. Most will wait.
Hey, we bought a car last month... not as nice a car as we wanted and we paid cash because we had to have something. Not because the market was enticing because it was NOT.

#1,479  
Anyone that buys a tractor right now is just asking to be fleeced. It's clear as day now this industry is headed for a major price correction. If consumers can hold off purchasing right now I believe they will be handsomely rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.