New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,431  
Without that backstop thousands of different companies employees wouldn't get paid because those companies that banked at SVB would not be able to make payroll. Moreover, piles of those same companies would have gone bankrupt and all of this before we consider contagion to other banks. Monday, Bank of America is rumored to be taking over SVB's accounts and business.

The question is if and then, which large banks have the assets to absorb the liabilities for the customer base.

This is true for a lot of regional banks which is the opposite of what most in Congress want. Bank consolidation is against the wishes of most government politicians and an elimination of regional players to provide alternatives to consumers that have more local concerns.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,432  
If I could have transferred and kept the college credits I had earned and paid for I would have. In the closed university system, transferring would have meant I basically started over and wasted the time and tuition previously spent.

In that perspective, it seems like a pretty corrupt system overall, to me at least. If you had a good system with good teachers, tuition, and school fees you would not need to keep it "closed" because students like myself would not have any reason to look for a transfer to somewhere else.

These days, I don't recommend my school to anyone. If like myself, you test in the top part of the nation on the ACT/SAT, you can go to any number of schools with good scholastic programs, not just the relatively local one so you don't outpace the high school favorites which I ended up doing anyway by going to the 4-year school instead of community college.
:rolleyes:
One of the few things that my state is ahead on is free college or university tuition for all in state high school graduates as long as they maintain a certain GPA. To any state university or college. All financed by lottery money.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,433  
That's a good thing because technology is disrupting the jobs/career market. Not great odds for having a decent living without education beyond high school.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,434  
That's a good thing because technology is disrupting the jobs/career market. Not great odds for having a decent living without education beyond high school.
I think many with college loans and no job would disagree

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,435  
See post 1432.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,436  
Those have to be the less ambitious. Everyone is recruiting now. Anyone with no job is either being inflexible or not employable.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,437  
Was thinking similar and had another thought:
Everyone says “no yutes want to do hard work anymore”

Or is that all kids seem like they go to college now and there’s a lot less kids doing low skill/HS type jobs?
I feel like theres a lot of kids going to college who really shouldn’t be there. They went because their parents made them, or they felt social pressure that they had to go or they were a ”loser”.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,438  
Big corporations are announcing big layoffs ?
Disney minus 7k
Amazon 18k jobs cut
Microsoft - 10k
Google 12,000 jobs
And more.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,439  
The question is if and then, which large banks have the assets to absorb the liabilities for the customer base.

This is true for a lot of regional banks which is the opposite of what most in Congress want. Bank consolidation is against the wishes of most government politicians and an elimination of regional players to provide alternatives to consumers that have more local concerns.

Chase and BofA absorbed the brunt of the bank failures back in 2009 and then got blamed for many of those smaller failed banks problems by the not-business press when all they were doing is picking up the pieces.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,440  
I really like my small AG bank. I don’t want them getting absorbed by some _oke bank like Wells or B of A.

Status
Not open for further replies.