New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,151  
I don't know what you're trying to say here. This is known.
I was just pointing out that CBDC will be controlled by the Fed so unfortunately the value can still be influenced by Fed actions, printing money and government spending. I agree we need a more stable currency and I don't think CBDC is the answer.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,152  
The CBDC or Central Bank Digital Currency will be created and controlled by the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is a central Bank for the USA and part of the global central banking system. The Federal Reserve is not a US government agency.
Might want to check again. The Federal Reserve is part of the US government. It was created on December 23, 1913, with the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act by Congress.

The framers of the Federal Reserve Act purposely rejected the concept of a single central bank. Instead, they provided for a central banking “system” with three salient features: (1) a central governing Board, (2) a decentralized operating structure of 12 Reserve Banks, and (3) a combination of public and private characteristics.

Although parts of the Federal Reserve System share some characteristics with private-sector entities, the Federal Reserve was established to serve the public interest.

There are three key entities in the Federal Reserve System: the Federal Reserve Board of Governors (Board of Governors), the Federal Reserve Banks (Reserve Banks), and the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC). The Board of Governors, an agency of the federal government that reports to and is directly accountable to Congress (figure 1.2), provides general guidance for the System and oversees the 12 Reserve Banks.

Within the System, certain responsibilities are shared between the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., whose members are appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, and the Reserve Banks and Branches, which constitute the System’s operating presence around the country. While the Federal Reserve has frequent communication with executive branch and congressional officials, its decisions are made independently

It even has a .gov URL.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining
#1,153  
There is a huge need for a digital currency not controlled by banks or the fed. It can't be subject to devaluing caused by money printing. The fed controls the value of our money and over the long term, that is not a good thing. The fed needs competition on maintaining value of a currency.
Snob long time no see. How are you?

Cryptocurrency demonstrated that a currency with no regulation is not possible do to fraud and greed. The other angle of it is the Central Banking system has no intention of giving up control. If anything, a digital currency is headed towards a world currency which is headed towards the mark of the beast.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,154  
Might want to check again. The Federal Reserve is part of the US government. It was created on December 23, 1913, with the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act by Congress.

The framers of the Federal Reserve Act purposely rejected the concept of a single central bank. Instead, they provided for a central banking “system” with three salient features: (1) a central governing Board, (2) a decentralized operating structure of 12 Reserve Banks, and (3) a combination of public and private characteristics.

Although parts of the Federal Reserve System share some characteristics with private-sector entities, the Federal Reserve was established to serve the public interest.

There are three key entities in the Federal Reserve System: the Federal Reserve Board of Governors (Board of Governors), the Federal Reserve Banks (Reserve Banks), and the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC). The Board of Governors, an agency of the federal government that reports to and is directly accountable to Congress (figure 1.2), provides general guidance for the System and oversees the 12 Reserve Banks.

Within the System, certain responsibilities are shared between the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., whose members are appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, and the Reserve Banks and Branches, which constitute the System’s operating presence around the country. While the Federal Reserve has frequent communication with executive branch and congressional officials, its decisions are made independently

It even has a .gov URL.

The Board of Governors is an independent government agency but the Federal Reserve is not a government agency.

Making Sense of the Federal Reserve

I always liked G. Edward Griffin's explanation in his book and presentations "The Creature From Jekyll Island"

Last edited:
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,155  
A heckuva lot better than the ‘80s, when mortgages went up to 18% here.

The guy who taught me about bonds participated in that 198130-year Treasury auction where at one auction they were paying over 20% for thirty year bonds. He said, if the auction goes over 12% you buy with both hands because either the dollar will collapse and henchmen and ammo will become the new asset classes, or because such high-interest rates cannot be sustained, your bonds will appreciate in value if you don't hold them to maturity and in all likelihood, the coupon is paying more than long-term inflation.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,156  
Cryptocurrency demonstrated that a currency with no regulation is not possible do to fraud and greed. The other angle of it is the Central Banking system has no intention of giving up control. If anything, a digital currency is headed towards a world currency which is headed towards the mark of the beast.

Did it? I must have missed it.

You might want to check that again. The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,157  
Why does “big brother “ care about when you buy coffee? The people who care are the advertisers and marketers.

It is all about tracking. Government agencies "mine" advertising data for all sorts of reasons.

If the government wants to know when and where "I get my coffee", they should ask me or get a court order if they aren't following me around.

I also despise targeted marketing and shopper profiles. Some of these are helpful but, some also target people for very questionable reasons. Since the data is for sale, criminals also use it for targeted SCAMS.

If OPM (Office of Personnel Management) can't keep my privileged and private information secure, why would I trust a commercial entity to do the same? The information stolen was not something simple to fix like a credit card number.

If you have ever had your identity stolen or house payments redirected to a third party for theft, you would likely feel differently about all these loyalty trackers.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,158  
Everyone who is invested in equities right now has lost money. Many have lost 20% or more. There are millions of retirees that are not able to retire now because of the change in market cycle. There is no "magic" investment profiles that can change that.

Your everyone doesn't include me. However, I started doing this in my 20's so, I have taken my lumps in the past when my account value was much smaller. And no, I don't play options or do the Wallstreetbets MEME stock thing either. I'm a classic stock picker and have done well during the COVID period in my 401K.

Define stable cash-oriented investments.

The classic is bonds or other short term high quality debt. Government TIPS and Bonds work well for some as well too! When I start banking cash, I will start with TIPS and then go to high-quality corporate debt for locking in cash-based returns for use during down stock market periods. High quality corporate debt will pay a little more than government bonds so, once I max out TIPS that's where I will look.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,159  
When was the last time you saw someone paying cash?

My last two tractors were 100% cash at delivery. The dealer was sort of waffling with letting me take the last tractor home, assuming a check on late Saturday until I pulled out a tall stack of $100's to pay in full.

I'm getting ready to buy my next tractor without any financing as I type this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.