New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #831  
I see so many comments the $2400 I got as COVID stimulus triggering inflation. Long before that I saw prices climb due to tariffs. When a tariff is added, who pays the cost? Government? Manufacturer? No, it’s always the end user. Then billions given out to farmers like me to compensate for retaliatory tariffs and what they did to commodity prices - watch farmers on YouTube and note their equipment purchases with the compensatory money. But I didn’t get stimulus money to compensate for tariffs on washers, driers, refrigerators. And steel tariffs to protect our small remaining steel operations in America have really taken a toll on attachments, but I live in America’s iron mining center and the miners are mostly sitting pretty - as long as they can pass the random drug testing. My mining friends and neighbors - these are the good old days because of how the tariffs have boosted the price of US steel and scrap only goes so far in supplying the demand. Nothing like fresh ore for quality steel. And the trickle down effects double the cost of your attachments.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #832  
My son was starting to look for a house recently. I advised him to wait. Good thing, prices are dropping.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #834  
We just sold a house 50% over appraisal in less than 3 days after listing
House next door sold in about a week. Same floor plan as mine, and the woman got full asking price… 75% more than we paid three years ago, and 30% more than the identical house across the street went for 14 months ago.

The housing market may be down, but not everywhere.

Realtors here in my part of Az are complaining that houses that sold in three days a year ago are on the market for two weeks before selling now…Cry me a River.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #836  
Had a car battery to fail under warranty. Purchased August, 2021 for $69. Same battery today is $99. The claim that inflation is 9% doesn't seem accurate to me based on what I had to pay recently for T posts, dog food, motor oil, hydraulic fluid, filters, etc.

Even the guys at the auto parts store remarked how expensive things have gotten when I bought brake rotors about a week ago. Even the clerks at our local Walmart were talking about how much prices have risen when I was there a few days ago.

Seems like $250K was a normal average home price prior to 2020. Now it's pushing $500k in Nashville. 6% realtors fee of $30K seems pretty steep considering all they had to do was publish the listing on Friday, show on Sunday, and screen offers on Monday to see who was willing to pay the most over list price. $30K used to be a pretty good annual salary for many people....

I remember how crazy it was prior to the bottom falling out in 2008, but it seems to me that things got a lot more crazy a lot faster this time around than it did then.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #837  
My son was starting to look for a house recently. I advised him to wait. Good thing, prices are dropping.

I’d rather pay higher interest rates now IF the price is low. You can always refinance when rates drop.

If you over pay, you can never get out of that hole.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #839  
The K&S dealer in Lubbock, TX says
no sales in the month of December.
They did fine in November

willy

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #840  
Interesting. Talked to Dennis the other day and he said they cannot keep any stock on hand but then they sell mostly larger Kubota's in the +75 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.