New Tractor Owner

/ New Tractor Owner #11  
Turbos are fun and cool. Just keep the oil changed and give her a few minutes to idle down and cool off a little before shutting her down after high RPM/hot work. Turbos get hot and appreciate running some cooler oil through them before shutting down.

/ New Tractor Owner #12  
Hello everyone, wanted to stop by and introduce myself. Name's Darren, hailing from South Carolina and newly retired US Army guy.

Recently purchased 15 acres, building my retirement home, and creating a small farm. Purchased a '23 Mahindra 5155 yesterday, picking it up Saturday. I grabbed a Root Grapple, a Box Blade and a Bush Hog, as attachments to augment the bucket that comes on the tractor.

I was on the fence between the 5155 and the 5145, but decided on the 5155.

This is my first tractor, and I look forward to using it clearing my property.

Been lurking on here a while, doing my research. I must say, this forum was very helpful with me making my decision.

Cheers!

Darren
Once you pick your new ride up, pictures are a must. Thank you for your service.

Zap

/ New Tractor Owner
Once you pick your new ride up, pictures are a must. Thank you for your service.

Zap
I sure will post some pics... I'm meeting my HH6 at the dealership today, to check on progress. We were scheduled to take possession of the machine tomorrow. Somehow, I don't think they will be ready.

As for my service... 05 AUG 1987 to 28 FEB 2023. A very, very long career. I went all the way up the Enlisted side... E1 to E9, then got a 2 Star Exception to Policy, and assessed as a Warrant Officer. I was an E9 when I went to WOCS, then retired as a crusty CW3. They offered me CW4 if I extended, and stayed to 40 years, but I couldn't walk out fast enough. It was the honor of my life to serve as long as I did... but now, I fully embrace retirement. The Army was all I knew my entire adult life, but it did not "define" me. I'm proud of what I did, but I walked in the Shadows of Giants! Rangers Lead The Way! :)

/ New Tractor Owner
You gave off WO vibes. 🤣
It took me WELL into my tenure as a CW2 to shake the NCO in me. Even today, I still have a tendency to eat someone's face if they are deserving of it. My only regret is not going Warrant sooner. But, staying enlisted as long as I did, I believe, made me a stronger Warrant. Now, I am embracing my inner Viking, and just enjoying retirement. :)

/ New Tractor Owner #16  
I still kick myself for not trying to stay in; depression allowed a small injury to turn into something greater, and it wasn't to be, but I always thought I'd look good in the role of Battalion Motor Officer. Now, performance I can't rate, but I would have looked good. 🤣

Anyhow, I admire your career path; being prior enlisted for so long, I imagine it helped keep a solid foundation under you.