New tractor day.

/ New tractor day. #1  

City Farmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, 4400 & 4500TLB Case 830 Case 350 dozer
I couldn't resist this one. O'l lady tells me that I have to many tractors and to many projects......I just smile and say "ok ok, it's the last piece of equipment". I never listen to anything she says anyway. I picked this one up about 30min from the house. (C388169) I'm thinking its a 1973 4500. I went and looked at it and the guy couldn't get it started, turned over but no smoke. He said, when I parked it last week it ran great. I thought I was looking at a parts tractor and made an offer accordingly. He said it has a new battery and new starter. The battery is huge & new, one brand new 16.9x28 Goodyear, the starter, not so much. I go back yesterday to pick it up. Hit the key, Click, nothing happens. I told my buddy to smack the solenoid with the wrench. It starts turning over but no smoke. Crank it some more but won't fire. While I was looking at the pump, I noticed the fuel shut off cable was broke. Pushed the lever forward and it started right up. This monster runs like I can't believe. I'm still in complete shock as to how good this machine runs. Either there's no oil in it or it doesn't leak a drop. The only major problem it has is the power steering doesn't work at all. I was expecting that because it's the steering is the weakest link on these tractors. I'm going to do front to rear full fluid/filter service, give it the "good from far but far from good" paint job, full hydraulic steering and run the snot out of it. It's so big, It barely fit on my 16' trailer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    975.5 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 179
   / New tractor day. #2  
Great find! Too many tractors? Is that possible? :thumbsup:

/ New tractor day. #3  
Cool. Ask your wife if she has to many shoes. :laughing:

/ New tractor day. #4  
When my wife sez "We don't need anymore tractors" I'm kind of hard of hearing. I tell it's for resale. She sez than once you get you have to sell it instead of adding it to the collection, It looks like a tractor grave yard around here. What can I say I'm weak.
I hope the 30 min trip didn't bend those trailer fenders up too bad.
Good luck with your new tractor.

Kirk

/ New tractor day.
Thanks everyone, it's cold blooded and didn't want to start for nothing this morning at 36degrees. I think it needs to crank a little faster. I had the tractor blocked on some 6x6's to get get it over the fenders. I didn't notice the first time I looked at it but it has 16.9x28 tires. All my other machines touch or barely fit between the fenders. It has the power reversing trans. I would've rather it been a manual machine with a single clutch. They're inexpensive and straight forward to work on if somethings goes wrong. For now, the trans seems to be working the way it should. In a few weeks, I'll get more pictures of it when I get it in the shop.

/ New tractor day. #7  
Thanks everyone, it's cold blooded and didn't want to start for nothing this morning at 36degrees. I think it needs to crank a little faster. I had the tractor blocked on some 6x6's to get get it over the fenders. I didn't notice the first time I looked at it but it has 16.9x28 tires. All my other machines touch or barely fit between the fenders. It has the power reversing trans. I would've rather it been a manual machine with a single clutch. They're inexpensive and straight forward to work on if somethings goes wrong. For now, the trans seems to be working the way it should. In a few weeks, I'll get more pictures of it when I get it in the shop.

Long time no see. Where have you been? You should have a pm in your inbox

/ New tractor day.
Long time no see. Where have you been? You should have a pm in your inbox

I've been crazy busy lately. Sold the house in 8days, new puppy, buying tractors (just picked up another last night), work'n 7days/wk & trying to find a new place to rent while we build in the spring. How's everything going at your end, you ever get that tractor going again? I Responded to your pm a while back but I guess it didn't go through. I'll resend it.

/ New tractor day. #9  
I can't believe you didn't set time aside to take pics and make all kinds of posts. Tisk tisk. Lol. 8 days? That's moving right along. Yeah tractor is up and going. Spent the week before my wedding working on it, just haven't had time to update my thread about it. Still have some minor and major things to do, but it moves dirt at least.