New Toyota Champ P/U

/ New Toyota Champ P/U #1  

Peace

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ferguson TO30

i posted this in another thread. I’ll go back and delete it so as not to derail it.

Would it be possible to buy one in Mexico and bring it home to the US? Some states allow Side by side to be registered for road use. Even if it couldn’t be registered (emissions?), it’s cheaper than many Utility vehicles for off road use.

/ New Toyota Champ P/U #2  
Drat! Even a truck that's supposed to be "basic" has to have electric windows and computer screen. Arrrgggghhhhh.

/ New Toyota Champ P/U
Drat! Even a truck that's supposed to be "basic" has to have electric windows and computer screen. Arrrgggghhhhh.
The basic $10k truck starts out with no electronics in the dash and manual roll up windows. You add on all the options you want.

/ New Toyota Champ P/U #4  
I do think there would be a market for a cheap utilitarian truck like that. I'm happy with my W/T with roll up windows though.

/ New Toyota Champ P/U #5  
   / New Toyota Champ P/U #6  

i posted this in another thread. I’ll go back and delete it so as not to derail it.

Would it be possible to buy one in Mexico and bring it home to the US? Some states allow Side by side to be registered for road use. Even if it couldn’t be registered (emissions?), it’s cheaper than many Utility vehicles for off road use.
I suspect would have to meet USA EPA regulations before would even be considered an option.
Then miles and miles of red tape for importing and getting title transferred to the USA.

Doable but at what cost is the unknown.

/ New Toyota Champ P/U #7  
I suspect would have to meet USA EPA regulations before would even be considered an option.
Then miles and miles of red tape for importing and getting title transferred to the USA.

Doable but at what cost is the unknown.
Plus the chicken tax...

/ New Toyota Champ P/U #8  
Ditto for all the "safety" regulations, airbags, etc.