New Toothbar Attachment Question

/ New Toothbar Attachment Question #1  

93Mustang

Silver Member
Tractor
JD ##@)
Just received my Gator Toothbar. Went to attach to my bucket and found that the teeth do not slide under the bottom of the bucket very far, leaving what looks to be quite a bit more room to slide on. I cannot move it any further and figured before I push it against something to see if it will slide on further I would throw this out there. I have a JD 61" HD bucket. Is that normal? I would figure they make them somewhat universal to fit lots of different buckets but wasn't sure what others had experienced.

Thank You -Dana

/ New Toothbar Attachment Question #2  
My teeth bottom out on the front edge of the bucket. I haven't checked to see how far it goes underneath, it's as far as it can go. No problems with it so far.
Maybe you can post a pic of what you mean??

/ New Toothbar Attachment Question #3  
is your bolt on? ****Our tooth bars will NOT work on a bucket with a bolt-on cutting edge. From their web site.

/ New Toothbar Attachment Question
I will try to take pictures tomorrow. The bucket has the bolt holes for the cutting edge but I don't have one attached. That is what I thought they were referring to - the edge not the bucket. I should have asked - I may have bought the wrong toothbar....

Well I tried to take some pictures though the gap is hard to see - probable at least a quarter inch the bar could slide back until the the hooks under the teeth would be touching the bucket - wonder if this is normal or a problem..

Thanks for the replies- Dana

Attachments

• image-158713017.png
    image-158713017.png
    867.9 KB · Views: 167
  • image-699593538.png
    image-699593538.png
    800.4 KB · Views: 141
  • image-2716996391.jpg
    image-2716996391.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 185
  • image-3539342748.png
    image-3539342748.png
    842.1 KB · Views: 165
   / New Toothbar Attachment Question #6  
Well I tried to take some pictures though the gap is hard to see - probable at least a quarter inch the bar could slide back until the the hooks under the teeth would be touching the bucket - wonder if this is normal or a problem..

Thanks for the replies- Dana

That installation looks fine. That 1/4 inch won't hurt a thing.
What you're seeing is where the radius of the tooth holder (casting or forging) begins. The angle on the cutting edge and the angle on the tooth holder are a bit different, so you won't get a perfect fit.

Thanks Roy- I really appreciate your response- now I can drill some holes and put it to good use!

- Dana

/ New Toothbar Attachment Question #8  
I have a Bush Hog brand loader on my L3130, the bucket is very heavy built with a thick lip. I purchased the Markem tooth bar a couple years ago and it would not pull up tight being that the lip of the bucket was thicker than normal. I have used it very hard for two years with no problems.

/ New Toothbar Attachment Question #9  
I've got a slight bend in the bucket edge, so I do a bit of tapping with a small sledge to seat my toothbar. The edge never goes quite all the way to the bottom of the tooth slot, but it works just fine; as long as it is firmly bolted in place, the teeth can't slip out.

BOB

/ New Toothbar Attachment Question #10  
on my 4720 bucket the tooth bar does hit the straight edge. then bolts on to each side of the bucket. are you sure these holes on the side are drilled in the correct spot? maybe they need to be back into the bucket somewhat. when attaching my tooth bar ( i take it off to remove snow) i rubber hammer it into place then using the FEL & Bucket push straight down on the tooth bar to make nice tight fit...it takes some time but you need to get it right.