eBay/Craigslist New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home.

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #11  
Cool- from the ad, I'd say you did good with all that for the money. Seems like a fair price for all concerned, especially you! I would spend a few minutes on eBay checking out the Kubota filter kits (everything you need in one box, from Kubota) and then call Messicks. I know I saved maybe $25 via eBay, if not more, but HST filters are costly. Sales tax?

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home.
I priced shopped a bit on eBay and some other sites, and then I went into Messicks today and was pleasantly surprised at their prices. I found a Kubota filter kit for about what the cheapest online was and I didn't have to pay shipping or taxes. Same with new oils. Plus they had a 10% off sale through tomorrow and a 2% cash discount so I felt good.

Unfortunately we misplaced a $9 pin that has to come from OH that's keeping me from trying the plow out! I may try to rig some bolts up tomorrow so I can play

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #13  
I had a BX2350 and it was as good engine wise as my other BXs. The plastic parts didn't bother me as they did some. The abrupt stop in reverse was a deal breaker for me so I traded it to a BX2660.
My neighbor has a BX2350 and has no complaints other than he wants my F3080 but won't pay me the difference to trade. :D
Once a deal is made and final.....then I say you got a good deal. :thumbsup:
I use Kubota oil, SUDT/SUDT2 and all Kubota filters that I buy from Barlows (my local Kubota dealer).:2cents:

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #14  
I had a BX2350 and it was as good engine wise as my other BXs. The plastic parts didn't bother me as they did some. The abrupt stop in reverse was a deal breaker for me so I traded it to a BX2660.
Hi John,
I gotta' ask... Which annoys you most; the sudden stop of the BX2350 or the Roll-On of the BX25D you've been talking about?:laughing:

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #15  
Hi John,
I gotta' ask... Which annoys you most; the sudden stop of the BX2350 or the Roll-On of the BX25D you've been talking about?:laughing:
The abrupt stop for sure since it mattered every time I did reverse and I could never get it to feather out. The rolling on isn't noticeable when doing most dirt or gravel work, going into the pile or in attack mode. I do a lot of moving stuff which is when the rolling forward sucks so bad. Used it some yesterday and creeping forward to drop a concrete lump that needed precise location makes it almost as bad as the abrupt stop issue. The brake is there to stop it and in time I'll be able to adapt using the brake if it can't be fixed, haven't been back to see what regional rep says about the "issue" but it is "wrong" just like the abrupt stop.
If it can't be fixed I may regret trading the B2620 FEL BH to this new BX25D.:2cents:

I've finally had some seat time plowing snow yesterday and today and overall I'm quite pleased. I can definitely see the point about the abrupt stopping from reverse in high range. On one hand I kind of like it when backing against obstacles; on the other it can be jerky when you're getting at it. I think I'll get used to it...wife's farm has a zero turn that is very similar, but there it's easier to gently ease off the lever compared to the foot pedal.

I can also say the plastic is poorly designed and unfortunately it looks like the PO wasn't aware of some of the Kubota recalls that strengthened the floor pan and fenders. The tractor is relatively straight but someday down the road I may price the upgrades. I already got the new seat at Messicks and that upgrade was well worth it! Before the new seat I had more weight on my legs to stay in the seat and occasionally the engine would start to cut briefly from the safety switch (I'm a skinny guy)...put it on today and had no issues and was much more comfortable.

Thanks for all the input gentlemen!

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #17  
:welcome:
To the site Hybrid.

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #18  
If all you got was the tractor and FEL, not a great deal, but like someone else said, that rear blade and rear remotes are expensive. It's a good deal.

For what it's worth it's a front mounted blade that uses the loader hydraulic remotes. It'd be neat to have an extra rear remote on this machine but I'm not sure I could think of a use for it at the moment.

image-2971756591.jpg

/ New to the forum. Tell me I got about the BX2350 I just brought home. #20  
I'm not sure of the cost, but I bet the front blade costs just as much or more than the rear blade. I'm not sure of this, but I think the mounting setup for the front blade is the same as for a snowblower if you ever wanted to add that. The front blade is better for the snow too.