Snow New to me snowblower

/ New to me snowblower #1  

tman1020

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn
Just picked up a used blower. Paint is rough but seems solid. It is a John Deere made by McKee bros.
I wanted a 6' even though I only have around 20 pto hp. We don't get that much or that many big snows here so on a smaller snow I can cover a wider path. And with the hydrostat I can go as slow as needed. Hopefully my logic is sound.
I'll. Try to post pics as this project progresses. 53221292971__4B26BEAE-E6FE-4CA4-9521-EA5040034343.JPG IMG_1768.JPG

/ New to me snowblower
IMG_1780.JPG

Here's a picture of current progress. This will be my first snowblower so anxious to see how it does. This is about halfway through the paint job.

/ New to me snowblower #3  
Looks cool. I need to paint my McKee blower at some point.

/ New to me snowblower
IMG_1787.JPGIMG_1788.JPG

Couple pictures. Got everything hooked up except for the hydraulic hoses. TSC only had one of the two I needed.
Also for future reference TSC sells the quick connects that fit into our remotes on the bobcat tractors.

/ New to me snowblower #5  
Major improvement from when you got it....nice job

/ New to me snowblower #7  
Way nicer looking than mine! What did you use to strip it down? I may repaint mine next summer to keep it in good shape, though I'll probably color change to yellow so it matches my machine and is easier to spot at the edge of the road near the mailbox.

Mine's also a 6' McKee:

Attachments

• image-1650132895.jpg
    image-1650132895.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
   / New to me snowblower
Way nicer looking than mine! What did you use to strip it down? I may repaint mine next summer to keep it in good shape, though I'll probably color change to yellow so it matches my machine and is easier to spot at the edge of the road near the mailbox.

Mine's also a 6' McKee:

I wire brushed and sandblasted it. What a pain in the but it was I got sand everywhere.

/ New to me snowblower
Got to try out the snowblower for the first time. I took a video but can’t seem to post it here. Got about 3 inches of pretty wet snow it worked fantastic moved it as fast as I could drive into it in medium range which is what I usually use for plowing. So far I’m really happy with it. Had to rotate the shoot by hand because I still do not have the second hose for the rotation cylinder but wasn’t too big of a deal at least I got to use it.

/ New to me snowblower #10  
I wire brushed and sandblasted it. What a pain in the but it was I got sand everywhere.

Gotcha, I'll probably try a wire wheel on a grinder first, if not, I'll dig out the old sandblaster. Thanks!

Glad to hear it worked as you expected, I just got mine in August, haven't had enough snow to use it yet, we have a dusting-3" forecast for today, but that's not enough to bother with for me.

I'm going to grab a piece of 1.5-2" pipe for my cutting edge, gravel driveway :)