New to me Beaver III, advice for my plans.

/ New to me Beaver III, advice for my plans. #11  
I wouldn't get too hung up on the type of oil. I've never seen gears and other drive line components fail because of "the wrong oil". Because of no oil - yes. Are some oils "better" than others? Of course, but as long as it is some sort of hydraulic grade oil I doubt you'd notice the difference between it and "better" oils. Your bigger problems are leaks and water/dirt intrusion as you have experienced.

AGREED!!!
I too suspect that type/brand of hydraulic fluid is actually..... "much ado about nothing".

/ New to me Beaver III, advice for my plans.
AGREED!!!
I too suspect that type/brand of hydraulic fluid is actually..... "much ado about nothing".

Filled it with new hydraulic fluid last night. I cleaned the filter, which did have some metal "sludge" build up, but nothing really bad. The tractor started nicely after sitting for a while and front loader works great. I then re-checked the hydralic fluid level (taking out the little check level nut) and was suprised that the level was still in good shape, just needed a little top off! Next stop, oil change, filter change and getting one rotten rim fixed. I also topped off the radiator fluid which was definitely low side. Keeping an eye out for leaks anywhere I can find them, but nothing obvious I can see for now. I will be cleaning and de-greasing areas off next. (and greasing fittings)
Hosed off the bucket and rims today.

These are neat little tractors, just seems like it is hard to find parts...no luck on finding a 16" rim, so going to have it repaired. I am concerned if something goes wrong that finding the parts will be next to impossible.

The only thing not working is the 3pt arms will NOT lower. They are stuck in up position. I adjusted the flow control valve under the seat, but no luck. Could it be a stuck piston?

IMG_4186.JPG

/ New to me Beaver III, advice for my plans. #13  
I also own a BEAVER III S-373 D Four Wheel Drive K3A Engine ,and I have a Service and Parts Manuals, I will be glad to look up from these manuals and help to anyone who needs this, also I found while looking for a fuel unit for the tractor,that CUB CADET 19HP MODEL 7193 SOME PARTS WILL INTERCHANGE, just a suggestion. The Beaver III is a workhorse,enjoy it.