Buying Advice New TC24DA coming soon, need advice!!! 756BH ???'s

/ New TC24DA coming soon, need advice!!! 756BH ???'s #1  

JSUnlimited

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland
New TC24DA coming soon, need advice!!! 756BH ???\'s

On the 28th my new TC24DA is coming home!! Original plan was to get 12LA loader and the 914A 60" MMM with R4's. However the wife and I discovered MANY uses for the 756C BH. I know the BH and MMM won't get along, and I'm taking advantage of the 0%/48mo which ends this month. So do I swap the MMM and put it towards the BH to stay within the budget and buy a RFM (new or used) later as it get closer to mowing season. Or stick with original plan and get the BH later, trading in the MMM. I'll be calling the dealer in the AM and getting prices. I think they (the dealer) are ready to shoot me! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

How well has this BH (NH 756BH) worked and what have you all done with it (projects)?

Thanks to all who helped with the earlier post about the R4 vs. turf tire issue, you are all a helpful bunch of folks!!

/ New TC24DA coming soon, need advice!!! 756BH ???'s #2  
Re: New TC24DA coming soon, need advice!!! 756BH ???\'s

Try as I might, I couldn't convince myself to pry 6 large out of my wallet for a backhoe. That's many days of renting a compact excavator which will out dig it 4-1. I suppose the convenience of having it available to use whenever you want is worth the cost. What kind of projects do you have in mind?

RFM will work well if you have open lawn. I much prefer the MMM for close in work (dealer loaned me RFM while waiting for MMM).

/ New TC24DA coming soon, need advice!!! 756BH ???'s

Ouch! 6 large one's eh? Well I hope the dealer can do just that...deal! I need to put numerous french drains around the property, retaining wall footers, run utility lines, etc. Plus whatever small jobs I can get in addition to the people I till and brush hog for. My mowing is in fact open areas, so the RFM will be fine. Besides, I have a small rider for around the house.

/ New TC24DA coming soon, need advice!!! 756BH ???'s #4  

I paid a bit less for mine, but that was before the great steel price increase. It has been great, and I would do it again. There have been a few discusions on renting vs owning. I've rented a bobcat mini excavator and it had better reach, and was stronger. It's a big expense, so if you can schedule your work in a couple of days renting may be better, but if can't and you can live with limitations it may work out better for you.