New TBN member from Sanger TX

/ New TBN member from Sanger TX #1  

SSweetland

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1739e
Pretty new to the whole farming thing. We bought a little over 7 acres in 2016 with almost no trees and all pretty open pasture. Still trying to learn many tips and tricks for using my 2018 MF 1739e, but have gotten pretty good at grading the road. Learned most of what little I know from youtube and reading, but I ask a lot of questions.
I have a background in engineering and machining, so many things are simply logical to me, some things still baffle me, and some things, I am just not good at yet:laughing:

I think I learned the hard way that buying a used tractor is not like buying a used car. Had 2 very expensive lessons prior to buying a new one. Seems that people don't sell "good" tractors, they use them till they are about ready for expensive repairs, but maybe just my luck!

Current and future projects are:
10,000sf garden (just got a bunch of mulch from chipdrop to try and repair some soil)
most of our property is for goats and our 2 donkeys, so fencing is a fairly often chore.
Plans are to design and dig out a stock pond, but that is something on the back burner for now
More current future plans are to excavate some of the pasture to get some drainage (it holds a lot of water now and SLOWLY runs off)
I have a couple of washes that run across my property, but the rest is too flat to drain into it

/ New TBN member from Sanger TX #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site.

/ New TBN member from Sanger TX #4  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ New TBN member from Sanger TX #5  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you'll fit right in :)

/ New TBN member from Sanger TX #6  
:welcome:

Welcome from South Texas.

/ New TBN member from Sanger TX #7  
Welcome to TBN. :thumbsup:

/ New TBN member from Sanger TX #8  
Welcome to the forum.

/ New TBN member from Sanger TX #9  
:welcome: from retired engineer in East TX

/ New TBN member from Sanger TX #10  
Welcome to a great forum! Lots of great knowledge and help here! Have fun.