New T300 FEL Problems

/ New T300 FEL Problems #32  
Have they changed the hyd. pump?

My guess is the pump. Hence, the good cold, bad hot operations. Internal seal issues.

Tim

/ New T300 FEL Problems
They are scheduled to swap the pump today or tomorrow, depending on when the parts arrive at the dealer.

To Carpenter's post about low revs...I agree that is what can cause the "floppy bucket" affect. Especially if the bucket is loaded and it drops quicker than the gpm can keep up with. The TYM engineers made mention of this.
When the air is bled from my T300, it snaps like a champ at low and high speeds, so I believe my system is a good system. When I notice the "floppy bucket syndrome", I can run the RPMs up and it has the same affect. That is when I know air has gotten back in.

How I test for this to be certain, is I extend (curl down) the bucket to about 30 degrees. I lower the boom arms down to a flat surface, engaging the bucket blade. I watch the curl cylinders when I put downward pressure and see if they compress into themselves. Every time so far, they have. The last time in particular, I measured them at just under 6" of compression. That doesn't do me or the tractor any good.

I am posting all this information in hopes this helps not only myself, but others. Therefore, I beg and plead that none of us argue amongst ourselves in this thread. It doesn't do any of us any good. Thank You...:)

I really hope the pump swap does the trick. I need my Baby back to get some work done. I am tearing down some old log cabins this winter while the critters are asleep and plan on salvaging as many as the logs as possible. Having the pallet forks on Baby will make this a much easier task. Also beats abusing my back any more than I already have over the years!:(

Thanks to Everyone!

Les

/ New T300 FEL Problems
Well...Good News!

With the pump replacement, curl cylinder replacement, loader valve replacement, and "Clean the Paint off suction metal to rubber connections and double clamps" fix suggestion, it looks like Baby is performing like she should.

I was able to lift a 5'x7'x4' metal container with contents weighing about 1,300 with no problems. I ran the loader for a while and no compression of the curl cylinders, nor the floppy bucket occured.

I have to say that TYM really came through on this took care of the issue. The guys at Coleman have been super through this whole thing and I can't thank them enough.

I will create a post that talks about the Pros for the T300 since I have not see any other posts on the T300s yet.

/ New T300 FEL Problems #35  
Great News! Glad to hear that they took care of it, a bit reassuring for all of us TYM owners.
Now it is time to line up some projects and enjoy the tractor.

/ New T300 FEL Problems #36  
I am glad to hear the problem is solved. Do you know what solved the problem? From the way things transpired I am guessing the pump was putting air in the system. Anyhow, glad to hear it is fixed.

/ New T300 FEL Problems
To be honest, Galen, I don't think they narrowed it down 100%, but are perhaps attributing it to the pump as the main culprit. I think the metal to rubber connections were a part of it as well, but in the end, it was the pump.

I did some research on other sections of this community in the Hydraulics section and I found several posts with similar conditions and symptoms on different brands. From what I could discover, it looks like they were pump issues too. I am wondering if there were a batch of bad pumps that went out from the manufacturer to several tractor companies. It is quite possible I suppose.

I hope this stays fixed and I can use Baby for what I bought her for...

Thanks for your advice.

Les