New SXS

/ New SXS #51  
Do the math on the side by side with a price...$170.37*52 weeks multiplied by 10 years(120 months). Am I doing my math right at $88k final price? Am I crazy and forgot how to do math? That's almost$40k over the price. Someone please tell me I'm way off on my math somewhere...
Nothing wrong with your math. And yes, there's people who will jump on this "deal"...I know a few myself. Always on the verge of bankruptcy.

/ New SXS #52  
Ok. Just wanted to be sure I'm not crazy. And to speak on the CF Moto.. My one Yamaha dealer has been selling then for years with few complaints. I think you made a good decision on your purchase

/ New SXS #56  
WHY you want to go on rides? To enjoy the wildlife, the scenery? Or to race? That seems to be the questions to me.

Most times I REFUSE to go out with people I know (most with RZRs and Can-am Mavericks) because their idea of a good ride is to drive as fast as possible over rough terrain. Pretend they are in the Baja 1000 or other off-road race. They don't care about the scenery or that herd of elk they just blew by. Me - I ride to see what's out there. Couple days ago I spent 8 hours in my Can-am Defender. 46.4 miles for the day...and hundreds of pictures.

As far as whether you need a rear window...ever drive an SUV or something similar down a dusty dirt road? The rear of the vehicle gets covered in dust because there's a suction created at the back of the vehicle when it is moving. If you don't have a rear window in the side by side all that dust will be sucked into the cab area.

But if you are on a group ride that doesn't matter anyway because unless you are the lead machine you will be dusted out by everyone ahead of you. I see people wearing all sorts of dust masks and goggles - even helmets with air filtering systems - so they are not breathing dirt.

Group ride:
View attachment 860594

The dust is another reason we have the Defender Limited, hardly any dust at all.

$35k US...but still stupid.

Had a guy up here a few weeks ago with a $40k Can-Am. A/C, heat, cab etc etc. Just stupid. People have too much money to piss away.

So you must not smoke or drink or gamble then? I think that is pissing away money, we have had 3 wheelers, atv’s and side by sides for 45 years. We like to have fun though.

We have the 4 door Can am with heat and A/C, but we only paid a little over $31,000

Agreed

Foolish, but if the financially challenged are gonna continue to “buy” these with 7 yr notes, I can’t fault the manufacturer

Some of us actually pay cash though.

Remember when you used to buy your new pickup truck for 50 grand?

I think at that point of the price of that Ranger or Can Am, I would just buy a street legal Jeep and become one of those Jeep people.
Believe it or not some of us like to have fun and trail ride, all kinds of trails in Minnesota, most of them you cannot drive a Jeep on legally, I also have a Jeep Gladiator though.

/ New SXS #57  
As I said:
“Agreed

Foolish, but if the financially challenged are gonna continue to “buy” these with 7 yr notes, I can’t fault the manufacturer“

I’m not sure what you paying cash has to do with the oblivious point of me not faulting the manufacturer when someone who is “financially challenged” takes out an extended note on an overpriced and depreciating asset.

People spend money on dumb stuff all the time (like me.)

Paying 88k over a term for a sxs (as shown in the example) is idiotic. Some have more $ than sense I guess, or maybe not.

Last edited:
   / New SXS #58  
As I said:
“Agreed

Foolish, but if the financially challenged are gonna continue to “buy” these with 7 yr notes, I can’t fault the manufacturer“

I’m not sure what you paying cash has to do with the oblivious point of me not faulting the manufacturer when someone who is “financially challenged” takes out an extended note on an overpriced and depreciating asset.

People spend money on dumb stuff all the time (like me.)

Paying 88k over a term for a sxs (as shown in the example) is idiotic. Some have more $ than sense I guess, or maybe not.
Just saying a lot of these are sold but not everyone finances them.

/ New SXS
I've been a Jeep owner for many, many years. Still own a 2006 Wrangler Rubicon. AND a Can-am Defender.

I bought the Can-am because the Jeep, with its solid axles and limited wheel travel, beats you to death on a rough road/trail. The Can-am literally just floats over those same trails...comfortable, soft ride. Plus, the Can-am weighs less than half of what the Jeep weighs which makes a huge difference if you have to traverse soft terrain.

One of these days when you are out on the trail with your new CF Moto and meet someone in a Wrangler, ask to trade vehicles for a mile or so. You'll see why side by sides are so popular when the road gets rough. Far as I'm concerned, the main advantage of the Jeep is that it is street-legal everywhere.
View attachment 861140

View attachment 861142
Thanks for that. I always wondered how they would compare. I've never been in a Jeep. Other than being a passenger on a paved road.

/ New SXS
88 grand!!!! Good God!!!!!

So someone asked why I would spend 20 grand on a toy? This is why. This is what I do. I work two weeks a month, and I ride atv and antique tractors the other two.
Worked hard my whole life, now this is how I enjoy.
I live where I can literally leave my yard and ride atv's for days and thousands of miles.

Attachments

• 20240407_202536.jpg
    20240407_202536.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240407_203659.jpg
    20240407_203659.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240407_210850.jpg
    20240407_210850.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 35