New starter from Hoye won't fit?

/ New starter from Hoye won't fit? #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
Hey ya'll...

I ordered a new starter for my YM1401D on the 5th, it arrived on the 11th and I drove home 2 1/2 hours today from college to install it this weekend.

Much to my dismay it doesn't fit.

The starter bracket appears to be too wide. The bolts won't fit through the holes on the bracket. I compared it to the old starter, and sure enough, the bracket on the old starter has the holes closer together.

I sent an email to Hoye and will try calling them tomorrow if I don't hear back via email by the morning.

Any ideas on why it won't fit? Did certain YM1401's use different starters? Or did I just get shipped the wrong part probably? All that I was asked to fill out on the order form was just the model number, so I'd assume they are all the same starters.

Thanks for any info.

Dennis

/ New starter from Hoye won't fit? #2  
Don't know. But, I'am sure they will make it right

/ New starter from Hoye won't fit? #3  
Hey ya'll...

I ordered a new starter for my YM1401D on the 5th, it arrived on the 11th and I drove home 2 1/2 hours today from college to install it this weekend.

Much to my dismay it doesn't fit.

The starter bracket appears to be too wide. The bolts won't fit through the holes on the bracket. I compared it to the old starter, and sure enough, the bracket on the old starter has the holes closer together.

I sent an email to Hoye and will try calling them tomorrow if I don't hear back via email by the morning.

Any ideas on why it won't fit? Did certain YM1401's use different starters? Or did I just get shipped the wrong part probably? All that I was asked to fill out on the order form was just the model number, so I'd assume they are all the same starters.

Thanks for any info.

Dennis

The OEM starter should be an S114-219, there a couple of others that will fit.

Danny

/ New starter from Hoye won't fit? #4  
Dennis,

Take a piece of paper and trace the flange and mounting holes on your starter. Fax that along with the deminsions to Hoye. That should help them indentify what you have. Keep us informed.

Question: Could your old starter have been rebuilt by a local starter repair shop? Or was it to damaged for repair?

Thanks, Dick

/ New starter from Hoye won't fit?
Hi ya'll, I received an email from Aaron this morning and he said they found an error in their system and the starter was linking to the wrong part number.

It sounds like they are doing everything as quickly as possible to make it right.

Hopefully I can have my tractor up and running this weekend :).

/ New starter from Hoye won't fit? #6  
Yeah... I had the part numbers cross over wrong on our website. :eek: I apologize for the inconvenience. The replacement will go out today but, unfortunately, since it is Friday there is no way to get it to you by the weekend.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181