New snow

/ New snow #221  
I personally hate icy, twisting driveways. One think i love on my place is flat access roads. Our neighbor has a hill to climb to house…..gets real slippery when snow melts and freeze follows. This yeaar the ambulance had to chain up to get to house.

/ New snow #222  
Sorry to get so far off topic, just thought I'd share some of my experiences. Really love our Mahindra, so far the thing has been bombproof tough and has moved mountians of earth and snow.

From all those great pictures I can see that you have a very interesting road to maintain - especially in the winter ! Glad you drifted off topic to share a few of you experiences. It is interesting to see what people do. You have a nice place there.

gg

Last edited:
   / New snow
This is getting old. Road blocked again. Pull type won’t cut it here. 7E3BDABE-CC36-4AC3-A8BC-9D6BF539DB0F.jpeg

/ New snow #225  
Would Snow Fence help Mr. Metalbender?

Great pics Mr. Walt...can understand fully why you don't mind the driveway to get the view you have. Plus suspect that drive helps keep the rif-raf away!

/ New snow
Snow fence for next year for sure. There are some round bales that the PO had placed. They haven't been covered since we moved here. Just snow banks now.

/ New snow #227  
Nice video. I agree with your assessment of R4 tires, although there are just some times that any type of rubber is not going to cut it. I run grooved R4 tires, and have a set of unused chains because I have contractual obligations.
I'm definitely going to fab up some side plates (removable) like Hilbilly posted recently.
I've seen guys grove the r4's, it's seems legit, turns then into r14 type of tire. Do you find that they load up with dirt more?

/ New snow #228  
The grooves do get packed with dirt and always seem to deposit it back on my paved drive. I can live with it.

/ New snow
Been a while. Having to clear the every other day, once twice in the same day. We're into another blow, road is blocked. Good thing we were in the city yesterday morning, before the storm hit. Only -18c with a 50 km wind, ground drifting like crazy.

/ New snow #230  
Woke up to about 6" of heavy wet snow on the ground and then the rain started. I was surprised that the inverted blower blew that wet snow pretty well. Not as far as usual but far enough and never had one clog during the 2 mile trip up and down the driveway.