New Seat

/ New Seat #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
Anyone replaced their seat yet?

The standard PT seat could use a little more cushioning or even a suspension. I have been looking through the Northern Tool catalog at seats but I can’t decide. Since there isn’t a Northern store near me, it will also be a hassle to return if I buy one that doesn’t fit. I believe <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.northerntool.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=8264&prmenbr=6970> this seat </A> is the same seat as the one PT supplies. However, I can’t find another one with the same bolt pattern in the catalog. I disassembled my seat to see if I could determine the manufacturer but I didn’t see any tags or labels. If I could determine the manufacturer, perhaps I could order a better quality seat from them with the same bolt pattern.

/ New Seat #2  
I like my seat /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. The armrests are nice on long strait runs, but I have found them to geting in the way when doing tight turns. Also, the back of the armrests rub the engine cover if you make the tightest turn possible on a bumpy slope. It will eventually tear, causing me to use duct tape to fix it.