New RK37 owner question

/ New RK37 owner question #11  
...shifting the range lever between low, med. and high?...
Same thing on my RK55HC. This is a similar issue with most colors of tractor - it gets easier to go in between ranges after some seat time. Even on my older NH, it still takes a little balancing act between tractor movement, feathering the HST pedals, and moving the lever - after awhile you begin to "feel it". By "tractor movement", I mean low-throttle, low-speed, back-and-forth rocking - you are relieving drivetrain pressures and allowing the gears to align. As PTSG said, don't force it; just practice patiently and you'll get it.

/ New RK37 owner question #12  
Does everyone have else have trouble shifting the range lever between low, med. and hig? Sometimes it moves easily. Other times I feel like I am going to brake the handle off in my hand.
I have the Hydrostatic RK37, and also fight with the H, M, L gear lever. When new, it was very difficult to change gears, I am at 200 hours on it and it still can be difficult, but overall it does shift somewhat better. I also find that it is very hard to shift when under load (when stopped), if I find a level spot and fidget with the For/Rev pedals, I can usually get it to shift without feeling like I am going to break something.

/ New RK37 owner question #13  
The range selector lever became "easier" on my Kubota M6040 at around 250 hours. Otherwise - DO NOT force it. Very gently rocking the tractor back/forth may help. Moving forward at about ZERO speed will sometimes help. It will loosen up with time/use.

Hey - the tool box behind my seat on my M6040 is just the right size to hold my most important "tool". A big 'ol roll of paper towels. Very handy when I'm out on the property. Actually - it holds a roll of paper towels and two band-aides, if you press real hard when closing the lid.

Last edited:
   / New RK37 owner question #14  
Does everyone have else have trouble shifting the range lever between low, med. and hig? Sometimes it moves easily. Other times I feel like I am going to brake the handle off in my hand.
I was looking at an RK37 and the sales guy said this is a common issue and will wear in with time. (Maybe the gear teeth get pointy?)
I had the tractor running and gave it a tiny bit of HST pedal, just enough to rock it but not move it, and the gears popped right into low. Don't force it, just move the tractor 1/2 inch and it will slide in easy.

/ New RK37 owner question #15  
Hi folks, I finally bought my first tractor, a RK37 with a cab. Yesterday was the first full day I owned it. I really like my new toy....er... tractor and all the work it is letting me get done. I had it built when I ordered it and it included the backhoe. I removed the backhoe yesterday afternoon and found it was not the major event I though it might be. I was also given the original draw bar mount and a frame cross over brace that were not installed due to the backhoe.

My question is this, do I need to install the draw bar mount and cross brace because I removed the backhoe. It appears there is a draw bar mount already in place and I wonder if the mounting brackets for the backhoe take the place of the crossover brace? Can anyone advise me on this?
When you have the tractor running at mowing speed, can you actually listen to the radio in the cab?
Seemed too noisy not to use hearing protection or listen to the radio in the cab when to me sitting in the store parking lot.

/ New RK37 owner question #16  
When you have the tractor running at mowing speed, can you actually listen to the radio in the cab?
Seemed too noisy not to use hearing protection or listen to the radio in the cab when to me sitting in the store parking lot.
The radio is fine, audible over tractor at work rpms... But I only use it when my noise cancelling earbuds are charging... Protect those ears.