New Rivian electric pickup

/ New Rivian electric pickup #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Morgan Stanley: Electric pickup from Tesla or Rivian is 'serious problem' for Detroit

It appears to have a rifle compartment. :)

105739283-1550147413770gettyimages-1072928622.jpeg

Bruce

/ New Rivian electric pickup #2  
Not really new news at this point. They were announced over a year ago and have continually made news. Big name backers, set up a factory for production, and most recently that they have test mules running in the wild hidden under new f150 shells (no affiliation, just happens to be close enough wheelbase to fit). I don't see these making much impact in the farming world for quite a few years. At quadruple the power capacity and half the price, perhaps.

/ New Rivian electric pickup #3  
Coal Power! :duh:

/ New Rivian electric pickup #4  
yea, is too bad power plants don't run on the hopes and dreams of greenies...

/ New Rivian electric pickup #5  
That won't happen here in my area. Distances are too great and we need "working truck" not a "green statement".

/ New Rivian electric pickup #6  
Until technology reaches a point where the electrics can have the range and towing power of gas or diesel at a reasonable price, this news is only a pipe dream.
Not to mention they'll need quick recharging times if you're on a trip of any distance. Pretty sure I don't want to sit at an electric outlet along the interstate for a period of hours to recharge my truck while on my annual 1300 mile each way vacation trip.

/ New Rivian electric pickup #7  
A serious problem for Detroit, I don't think so but Lansing will have an issue. The new democratic governor is announcing her budget today and it is believed she is going to up Michigan's gas tax fifteen cents each year for the next three years.

/ New Rivian electric pickup #8  
^^^^^
Although jumps of that magnitude are a bit extreme I would grudgingly pay for a smaller gas tax increase to pay for much needed road upgrades here. I probably would save the money back by less front end repairs.
Show me a politician who will actually spend the money on what it's supposed to be used for though.
We already are seeing prices creeping up; about 6 cents yesterday.

Getting back on topic, an electric pickup might work for auto parts companies, where they are only running around town.

/ New Rivian electric pickup #9  
Probably OK if you live and remain in an urban environment.

/ New Rivian electric pickup #10