New rechargeable work light

/ New rechargeable work light #31  
There's a drawer full of knives and small LED flashlights. all except my Sunday AM light are non-rechargeable. Out of all of the little flashlights the Streamlight Microstream below is my absolute favorite, and is always with me. We always have a good stock of Duracell batteries thanks to Costco. The clip allows it to be attached to the bill of a hat. For worklights I have the ones linked below:

Couple of these

One of these

One of these

Attachments

• IMG_20231122_105443566.jpg
    IMG_20231122_105443566.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
   / New rechargeable work light
I'm looking at rechargeable types with a magnet and hook for working on machines.

/ New rechargeable work light #33  
For task lighting, I use this one by Bayco Products. It has 2 magnets and a hook. But it is best for short tasks like changing a fuse or finding a dime under the seat.

For a long lasting trouble light I use my Makita batteries on this light. I like it so much I have one in the house, garage and shed.

When I bought my Makita 18 volt kit, this light was included with all the other tools. Before using it, I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. I've come to learn that it's one of the smarted, best designed cordless work lights ever. I have no idea how long it will stay on with a single battery because I've had it on for over 6 hours when we lost power, and it was still working. I put it in an attic when I'm on a job and just leave it on until I'm done. I had it under my backhoe the other day for a few hours while I removed a couple of hydraulic hoses. That flashlight was the only good thing about that day!!!

/ New rechargeable work light #34  
I'm recharging my Nebo now. I used it last night working on the furnace. I like the two magnets & large clip.
20231122_122253.jpg
20231122_122331.jpg

/ New rechargeable work light #35  
When I bought my Makita 18 volt kit, this light was included with all the other tools. Before using it, I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. I've come to learn that it's one of the smarted, best designed cordless work lights ever. I have no idea how long it will stay on with a single battery because I've had it on for over 6 hours when we lost power, and it was still working. I put it in an attic when I'm on a job and just leave it on until I'm done. I had it under my backhoe the other day for a few hours while I removed a couple of hydraulic hoses. That flashlight was the only good thing about that day!!!
With a 3 Ah battery it should last 22 hours on low and 9 hours on high. Several years ago I wrote that on the side of each light so I wouldn't forget. BUT, I forgot where I found that information. 🙃

/ New rechargeable work light #36  
I prefer a worklight with it's own rechargeable battery. I don't want to cycle my expensive cordless tool batteries - using up some of its finite recharge cycles - just to run a light. I'll save the tool batteries for running the tools.

No hook, but I've been happy with this 750 lumen magnetic lights from Harbor Freight. The magnet is really strong. Pressing the power button in quick succession changes the brightness (High/med/low), but if you turn it on and use it, it's just one press to later turn it off. I use it as a dome light in my antique truck, stuck to the upper rear of the metal cab. Then it's handy for whenever I need light to work on the truck. It recharges off a USB outlet (which I added in a hidden spot on the truck).

I've been considering trying one of these Harbor Freight Icon lights. Similar design to the one I linked above, but 2100 high/1000 medium/280 low output. I generally don't need the brightest setting for a worklight, but nice to have available. Recharges with a USB C cable. As a bonus, it can serve as a 5200 mAh power bank for recharging cell phones and other devices. I thought that was a nice additional feature. I don't see that on many flashlights/work lights, but seems like a simple thing to offer.

Last edited:
   / New rechargeable work light #37  
Hands down best I’ve had and wouldn’t want to be without, Astro 500lumen x2 . Can choose between one side or both sides on , also has a very bright spot light in the tip. Strong magnetic base or hook. Feature I like best is wireless magnetic charging, just stick em to the base for storage and always charged.
~$65 for one light and the charging base, ~$45 for additional light

Attachments

• 7E2D6B0F-1FF9-4CB1-9E5D-33C6B548DB9B.jpeg
    7E2D6B0F-1FF9-4CB1-9E5D-33C6B548DB9B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
   / New rechargeable work light
Hands down best I’ve had and wouldn’t want to be without, Astro 500lumen x2 . Can choose between one side or both sides on , also has a very bright spot light in the tip. Strong magnetic base or hook. Feature I like best is wireless magnetic charging, just stick em to the base for storage and always charged.
~$65 for one light and the charging base, ~$45 for additional light
How do they charge?

/ New rechargeable work light #39  
Here are a couple of photos of the Milwaukee if you’re still interested. I just used it to work on my daughter’s vehicle. I know you don’t like the switch, but it’s a very handy little fella.

Attachments

• IMG_2915.jpeg
    IMG_2915.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2914.jpeg
    IMG_2914.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
   / New rechargeable work light #40  
Need to replace my work light and looked through reviews but didn't like them. What do you have? I'm looking for one with magnetic base, simple on-0ff switch and rechargeable like a phone. Not a special base type. Do you have one like this?
One more thought, I have this one, it’s the gray one, that opens and closes like a book. I like it because it’s more of an area light than a spotlight. The yellow one in the pic is more of a spotlight and I don’t use it often. The first picture shows the light open the second one closed. It has magnets on it and a hook. A lot of it depends on how you use it. Most of mine is for working on vehicles and my tractor.
IMG_2648.jpeg
IMG_2649.jpeg