New R14 tires.

/ New R14 tires. #1  

Green Acres Homestead

Veteran Member
NewBrunswick & Nova Scotia www.lostcaper.com
Tractor
Kubota L4740 sold now have a new L2502 as off Jan 2023
Anybody have anything to say about the new R14 tires. I think Titian makes them. I never had good luck with Titian or Carlyle tires. Crack with a year. So does anybody have the R14. Are they smooth, do they have good traction, are they cracking?

/ New R14 tires. #2  
I've never had a problem with Titan tires cracking, but my tractor is stored in a garage, and not subject to constant uv exposure.
I'm in the market for a new set of front R14's, but I need to get the circumference numbers to get the lead / lag right. I've read good reviews on the R14 tread.

/ New R14 tires. #3  
I have the R-14s on a CK2610. I had Ag tires on the old tractor, and I feel like I have 80% of the traction, without the probelms of R4s (low traction, overly wide, but not what you would call floation). They aren't a cure-all, but IMO, a good compromise. For the traction, they are very easy on grass, but do lack a bit of traction in sand, compared to R1s. No experience in mud, or that white stuff they have up north.

/ New R14 tires. #4  
I've got R14's from Goodyear on my Kioti and I've been very impressed with them; so long as I've maintained proper weight distribution, I've found them to be excellent while doing loader work in mud and snow. Night and day over my experiences with R4's.

20231016_174401.jpg

/ New R14 tires. #5  
Anybody have anything to say about the new R14 tires. I think Titian makes them. I never had good luck with Titian or Carlyle tires. Crack with a year. So does anybody have the R14. Are they smooth, do they have good traction, are they cracking?
I just completed my third year on Titan R14's with no issues. Not quite as good traction as R1 (obviously) but they do very well. They do give a smoother ride with the center strip, especially on hard surfaces. They do not tear up the turf as badly as R1.

/ New R14 tires. #7  
Nokian R14 owner here. My primary use is winter snowblowing but also some minor tree work with a logging winch, 72” rotary cutter and a chipper.
I’ve run turf tires for many years on a NH 4835 and my JD 4720 came with cracked R1 Titan tires that I truly hated.
I’m never looking back on buying these radial tires. Very smooth and comfortable ride. Enough traction to do the work needed yet not enough to go places I don’t belong in. I find them perfect other than they ain’t cheap but nothing is anymore. Buy once. Cry once.

/ New R14 tires. #8  
I need to get the circumference numbers to get the lead / lag right. I've read good reviews on the R14 tread.
That is correct. Your dealer will have the chart I suspect. I have no material use for anything but R1 radials as I farm and bar tread tires are the only efficient way for me and I run Trelleborgs. They wear excellent. Be ready for sticker shock, tires have went way up. I just reshod one of my M's with Trelleborgs and it was just north of 5500 bucks installed here at the farm by my ag tire dealer.

Got over 6K hours on the Titans but the tread was about gone. I considered having them recapped as the carcases were still good but...

Interestingly, I had good luck with the Titans but the Trelleborgs were endorsed by my tire dealer and they were a couple hundred less than the Titans or the Firestines and he waived the tire disposal fees too.

/ New R14 tires. #9  
I have one set of R14's. They are on the new Kioti and are working well for me. If and when I need new tires on another tractor I will definitely be considering them instead of R1's as my tractors don't do enough drawbar tillage to say so and I believe the R14's would do a good job on hay ground.

/ New R14 tires. #10  
I have the Goodyear R14's on my new Kubota 2502. The first thing I noticed is they don't tear up my yard at all. I have had them in the woods working in mud as well and they did great and cleaned out good. I would buy them again.