New Pictures for attachments at PT

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT #1  

bubenberg

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT425, Kubota L2050, 3 hydrostatic Exmark mowers. Z21D Kubota ZTR, 2 Kunz acrease wing mowers, 1 rough cut kunz mower, one vintage grasshopper ztr, one vintage gravely ztr, various large garden tracto
on the pt web site front page there is a new addition called Attachments (right next to Home). there are several new pictures of attachments but no power dump yet.

according to Chris the $900.00 mini backhoe is powered. it has a piston as the picture reveals. that means that you activate the curling action with the ludicrous lever down below your right knee.

Chris indicates, that several customers have moved this lever next to the joy stick ...what about it you engineering types????????? is that a good way to go????

also futured is the boom mower, one of my next purchases for those hard to reach places.

the film clips futured don't do much for me ... happened to like mr. m.r.s better. but for the new buyer that might do.

happy pting this weekend

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT #2  
Pt425 owners:I am very interested in the mini-backhoe, but have not yet ordered a pt 425 as I need to get pole barn put up first. I talked to Sean today about the possibility of rigging up some sort of foot pedal to control the auxilliary pto lever (and hence the curl). Sean thought it could be done. What do you pt425 owners think? I am thinking of something mechanical bolted to the floor. Does that make any sense? - Ken in Mississippi

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT #3  
I can't see any reason why a foot pedal wouldn't work, but when I have used my hoe, I have used a lot of pedal action to keep it positioned, etc. I think that taking your right foot off the forward pedal would have some of the same drawbacks as taking your hand off the joystick, you just lose different functions.
If my installation hasn't destroyed anything, Bubenberg and I will be testing the joystick button on my 1845 this weekend. If it works well, some serious research and shopping will be needed to bring the cost into a reasonable range, but it may be a good answer for hoes, grapples, 4 n 1 buckets and snow blades. Stay tuned.

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT #4  
I think the answer is dedicate the right knee lever to the quick attach cylinder and add a second joystick to the left of the steering wheel, just like the big equipment. The right joystick still controls lift and tilt.

The left joystick would control:

With Forward/reverse motion:
The curl of the hoe bucket, or...
The open close of a grapple...

With Left/right motion:
Swivel of the grapple, or ...
The chute of the snow blower, or ...
The swing of a cad plans backhoe, or...
Small adjustments to the left right steering for fine adjustment of hoe position.

So, you pull up to a hole, let go of the steering wheel, put both hands on the joysticks and take a bite of dirt. Grab the wheel and back away and dump your dirt where you need it.

What do you guys think?

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT #5  
FINALLY!!! YEAHHHHH!!!

I've never seen for the PT425:
Boom mower
Mini hoe
Winch
Soft Cab (Although they call it canopy)
Grapple bucket (oh my gosh, mine's gonna look very similar)

They did a great job, although the pictures could be a little larger.

Also, how coincidental, the box blade video is of someone working on a ball diamond!!! Now I know somone's gonna make a comment about me working for Power Trac again, so before you do... I don't /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. I live in Indiana and paid full price for everything /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Man, that video of the 90" mower going up that steep hill is very impressive!

I'm glad they posted more pictures and the videos are a great idea( wonder where they got it... which one of you folks told them to post videos? ). It says at the bottom of the page that more videos of all the attachments are coming. That's great! It can only help their sales. I love it /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Did I mention that I really like this thing?

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT
mr. m.r. that is the solution that Chris from pt had. he said that several of his customers have mounted the aux. hydraulic lever next to the joy stick. i wanted to try it first before posting it here. just in case it is only a half fast solution.

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT #7  
MR
Do you have enough room on the 422/25 to put a whole additional valve in the stack? If so, your solution would be a really full function addition.
Early in the week, Hans and I will report on the button selector.

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT #8  
I don't think so. That is why I was considering purchasing a whole joysitck/valve assembly and mounting it to the left of the steering wheel, opposite of the existing one. In the future, I would like to get a CAD plans backhoe and adapt it to a quick attach plate and use the joysticks to control it. However, for as often as I would use a full fledged backhoe, and the cost of building a CAD plans kit, I might be better off with the PT mini hoe or a Lackender (sp) unit. It would probably end up being 1/3 the price and still get the job done, just a little slower.

The knee lever doesn't bother me for quick attach functions, but when using my plow it is kind of inconvenient for power angle functions.

Can't wait for you two to report on the button selector. Well, its off to the T-ball diamond. No tractor work there today... just concrete in a wheelbarrow for fence posts and sorting through fence hardware. Have a good weekend.

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT #9  
The button works.
Tomorrow night, you should get an unbiased appraisal from Bubenberg. He's due at my place at 10:00 AM

/ New Pictures for attachments at PT
as PTs Shawn promised, things are going to get even more user friendly and he is a man of his words.

the PT website is under revision and within the week we should see great changes.

personally i have production data on backhoes and power dumpers for the 400 and 1800 series to post ....which should be available in the next few hours ... but first i got to finish the payroll

sincerely

hrl v b