New owner! T-700

/ New owner! T-700 #11  
any thoughts on the dealer in Missoula? i dunno much about these tractors, but drive by them very often and see a nice lineup, can imagine they are less than the nearby kubota

I really don't know much about the dealer in Missoula(Yellowstone Tractor). There out of the Bozeman/Belgrade area. They have a relatively small operation in Missoula and I wonder about their long term committment to the area. He does have several TYM 603's and I believe a T700 on his lot as well as some of the compact machines.

There is another dealer up is Kalispel( Snow Creek Tractors) that handles both Montana and TYM as well as other implements and equipment and it appears to me that he has made a committment to be around for some time because of the range of products that he sells. He also has a store in Bonner's Ferry, ID. I have never been to his stores. He is a contributor to this forum with the handle of "Maka".

You just never know about dealers, their financial strength, and their commitment to stay the course. That's especially true at this time of financial uncertainty.

New Holland has just recently returned to Western Montana and I wonder how long they are committed to this market. It's my understanding they left once and have now come back.

TYM has an industry leading 5 year warranty and I, for one, would want to know that the dealership was going to be there to support that warranty after I made the committment to buy the tractor and to suport the tractor with parts and service for many more years. That's the risk we take when we buy one of these new brands of machinery. This web site is full of comments about people buying from a dealer was gone a year later when they needed warranty or parts support.

We can read the specs and decide the tractor is right but there is no way I know of to determine the dealers committment. That's why it's so hard for these new brands to compete with the existing green, blue, and red dealers who have been around for 50 years. It's the question I'm wrestling with right now.

/ New owner! T-700 #12  
Jerry:
That may be very true about the dealers, but most of these guys, even many of the big name maufactures are not stocking many parts any more. They can order within 2-3 days or drop ship to your door. It is a tough decision though. I took a chance on my Mahindra, and it has been the best all around tractor I have owned. Would not want to sell it unless I was going to replace it.

/ New owner! T-700 #13  
Jerry:
That may be very true about the dealers, but most of these guys, even many of the big name maufactures are not stocking many parts any more. They can order within 2-3 days or drop ship to your door. It is a tough decision though. I took a chance on my Mahindra, and it has been the best all around tractor I have owned. Would not want to sell it unless I was going to replace it.

Your probably right, Slippy. It seems the older I get, the less you can count on the name brands, be it tractors, or tools! Customer satisfaction seems to have gone out the window and there is no more committment to supporting the product after it is in the field. In a way, that's gives these new outfits a competitive opportunity if they follow through with their warranty and service.

I hate to see the American brands go by the wayside but they are doing it to themselves and while I'm sypathetic to keeping jobs here, that sympathy goes only so far. I won't be screwed over so some CEO can improve his quarterly earnings report and get an outrageous bonus. ****, that's his job and he shouldn't get paid extra for doing his job.
I'll now get off my soap box.

/ New owner! T-700 #14  
hey coyote im thinking about buying the tym t700 not really sure about the off brand tractors. How are you liking your t700 can you give me some input on the tractor?

/ New owner! T-700 #15  
I have not looked hard at the T700, but I have gone over the T903 very close. I many aspects, it can't be beat, thats even before you get to the price.

I would talk to a dealer about the T700. You probably already know this, but this tractor is not even in their new literature. It is on their web site, but it says it is the most powerful tractor TYM builds and check back later in 2006. (Some body really needs to work on their web site.) My recollection is that they are not going to make the T700 anymore.

/ New owner! T-700 #16  
roger that, its a small new(er) dealer. makes me nervous. didnt see much of a service dept there...

I think missoula is a hard place to get in with things like this, the ole'boy network is strong here... however, if they are priced as much below the competition as I have heard, it could be worthwhile in these times...

the NH dealer is small, they seem nice. Dont seem to have much of a shop :(

Kubota and Deere (with there kick *** new building) are well known and well liked here. Just a better bet in an area like this where your nearest dealer will be more than 100m away if the local folds...

/ New owner! T-700 #17  
The T903 I have been looking at is 10 to 15k less than the big names. It has as much and in most cases more features as well. I see JD just came out with an "E" line of tractors. I am told you can buy a 100hp tractor w/ cab for about 40K. I also understand it is made in India. It was designed to compete with these other brands who are undercutting the market considerably.

/ New owner! T-700
hey coyote im thinking about buying the tym t700 not really sure about the off brand tractors. How are you liking your t700 can you give me some input on the tractor?

Sir Knight,

If you're here, then you probably already know it runs the 3-cyl JD engine. I've never been a big JD fan, but I'll admit that this engine has been very impressive so far in terms of its power, torque & smoothness. But as far as the "name brands" stigma, there you go... :D

Seriously though, I never thought I'd leave NH - and this purchase did indeed come down to a slightly used NH TN95 versus this new TYM T-700. Fit & finish differences to me were negligible at best, and price wasn't necessarily a top priority (this purchase was for the tractor I'll be keeping for the long haul). I had every spec you can imagine side by side on a spreadsheet, but the end decision amounted to the simple comfort & feel during actual 'working test drives' of both my final choices, back to back (okay, actually 5 hours away from each other).

If you let me know which other brand/model you have it narrowed down to, I'll be happy to share any notes I might have if it's one of the models I compared to.

Larry