Sickle Bar New or used? Sickle bar mower questions

/ New or used? Sickle bar mower questions #1  

Maineuropa

Tractor
Deere 955, Kubota GR 2110, Kubota 4200
Found a new italian sickle bar mower for about $3000. Looking at used sickle bar mowers for like $1500. Been having trouble finding any supplier of parts for the Rossi mower which is a concern. I know that replacing the box can be pricey, but at least Deere parts are usually available. Not sure how robust the Rossi is compared to a US bar mower like MF or Deere. So, what would you all recommend? Is the Rossi vaguely robust? Is a Deere sickle bar mower worthwhile? Does anyone out there know where I can find parts for the Rossi/Farm Maxx?
George in Maine

/ New or used? Sickle bar mower questions #2  
Found a new italian sickle bar mower for about $3000. Looking at used sickle bar mowers for like $1500. Been having trouble finding any supplier of parts for the Rossi mower which is a concern. I know that replacing the box can be pricey, but at least Deere parts are usually available. Not sure how robust the Rossi is compared to a US bar mower like MF or Deere. So, what would you all recommend? Is the Rossi vaguely robust? Is a Deere sickle bar mower worthwhile? Does anyone out there know where I can find parts for the Rossi/Farm Maxx?
George in Maine

I believe that Everything Attachment sells Farm Maxx sickle bar mowers. You might want to check with them for parts availability.

Do you have any experience sickle bar mowers? I do quite a bit of mowing with one, berms, banks, hedgerows and trails. I have a love/hate relationship with them. IMHO, they can be a little labor intensive and pricey to maintain. I run a lot of different 3 point attachments including chipper, post hole digger, brush hog, finish mower, snow blower, tank sprayer, etc... They only implement that I'm always repairing is the sickle bar mower. In fairness, I use the sickle bar quite a bit. I have three complete section bars that I rotate. If you have any experience with them or are careful when using, you'll do fine.