New Murray lawn tractor.

/ New Murray lawn tractor. #1  

tude

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere A
I looked a new Murray lawn tractor over at Home Depot today. It had a Briggs 12.5 engine. My 1997 K-mart MTD has a 12.5 horse Briggs also and was built in Canada. This Murray was built in China and looked like a MTD clone.

/ New Murray lawn tractor. #2  
That number is not the horsepower rating, torque perhaps.

Is this the one you were looking at:
1688841019941.png

/ New Murray lawn tractor. #3  
The new Murray lawn tractors are indeed MTD built, and have been for a while now. They were being sold through Walmart, now it's Home Depot? It seems they're the entry level for them in competition against Lowe's Craftsman line.

The website says exclusively at Home Depot, yet Walmart still lists some of the older models on their website, lol.

/ New Murray lawn tractor. #4  
The new Murray lawn tractors are indeed MTD built, and have been for a while now. They were being sold through Walmart, now it's Home Depot? It seems they're the entry level for them in competition against Lowe's Craftsman line.

The website says exclusively at Home Depot, yet Walmart still lists some of the older models on their website, lol.

Not MTD and they haven't been made by MTD for a few years now. At least 2019. The new Murrays are made and serviced by Daye North America

In 2010 when the Murray name was released for use after the bankruptcy the low end push mowers were made by Husqvarna, and the higher end push mowers and the riders were made by MTD. Around the time Black and Decker purchased MTD they stopped the Murray production, and then the Murray name was farmed out to a chinese company with no parts support and no dealer service network for warranty. Looks like the Home Depot units have been farmed out to yet another company.

/ New Murray lawn tractor. #5  
I stand corrected!