Mowing new mower, 1st cut

/ new mower, 1st cut #1  

big bubba

Elite Member
Tractor
M8540
Members: A few pics of the 1st cut on a Rhino Turbo 96 (8') rotary mower. Weighing in @2000 lbs, it's HD specs made it my top choice for the farm. Believe it's a keeper! mowin' crazy bb

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 193
   / new mower, 1st cut #4  
Looks like a keeper for sure!

Enjoy it!

/ new mower, 1st cut #7  
Really nice mower; looks very sturdy and well built. Choices are very limited in my area and I have a Woods DS1260 on order.

/ new mower, 1st cut
triple r: that particular Woods model looks great and close to what I was looking for, just a bit big. When looking, I learned to look not only for tough construction, but also high blade tip speed (yours has it). some heavy duty "shreaders" do just that: clean up small trees, etc. but don't get the quality cut that a faster blade speed will give. am sure you know all this. I include a pic of my "other" Bush Hog & the classiest fox I ever knew. good luck! bb

Attachments

• wild hogs.JPG
    wild hogs.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 77
  • fox.JPG
    fox.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 96
   / new mower, 1st cut #9  
bigbubba, yes there are an awful lot of things to look for when picking the "right" mower. I would like to have something to cut "larger" trees, but you do lose quality of cut on weeds and grass, so I went with the one I am getting as a good compromise after looking at several brands and models.

I know what you mean about the size, but I am replacing a Woods 121 and already have paths and such configured for that size. Around here, mine is considered small as most use the 15' batwing mowers.

I do have a 48" Land Pride on a BX2660 for "backup". You should see the rigs side by side.