New MF GC1723E owner. What next?

/ New MF GC1723E owner. What next? #31  
Yes that's the same as my MF snowblower shear bolts:

Grade 8 shear bolt (gold) 5/16" x 2.25" long

Grade 5 shear bolt (silver) 5/16" x 2.25" long

KC

/ New MF GC1723E owner. What next? #32  
I would suggest that you get a can or two of cheap 100% silicone spray and coat the inside of your blower housing, impellers etc.. this really helps when the snow is heavy and wet. Also don’t forget to do your maintenance on the blower after the season. Repaint rust spots where snow can stick And lube everything before next winter. Concerning diesel fuel, I would buy only from a place that sells a lot of fuel that has clean tanks. Any fuel cost saving will be offset by the cost of fuel filters. Also get a good quality funnel with a fine screen to catch the particles.
Good luck and try to stay warm!

/ New MF GC1723E owner. What next? #33  
When buying a shear pin make sure not to get a harden bolt and make sure you know what’s under the snow when and where you are blowing things can go bad in a hurry. If you plug the chute make sure pto is off and have a cut off shovel handle handy. Good luck have fun

Attachments

• F90D56BB-3F6E-4B97-91D6-7DC9152FE651.jpeg
    F90D56BB-3F6E-4B97-91D6-7DC9152FE651.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
   / New MF GC1723E owner. What next? #34  
if snowblowing make sure you can always get a heat gun (or similar) on stuff if needed. I can power a cheap gun off rear 120v outlet in truck bed.
changing a shearbolt away from your own yard sucks when joints all iced up.

/ New MF GC1723E owner. What next? #35  
Just some suggestions...
I would recommend getting the skid plate, left step and grab handle from RetailREMS Massey Ferguson GC Accessories
In your other post you said you have some hills on your driveway, I would recommend getting a good set of chains for the rear 26-12-12 Tire Chains. The diamond pattern chains give a smoother ride. Get the studded ones if you'll be dealing with a lot of ice.
If you're going to put on chains you should think about adding as set of wheel spacers because there isn't a lot of clearance for the chains without them Bro-Tek
And for carrying tools a nice tool box ROPS Mounted Tool Box
You can find discussions about all of these things on the forums
I second the RetailRems skid plate and step. Well made and worth the price. I actually got left and right steps.

/ New MF GC1723E owner. What next? #36  
yup I got the retail rems skid plate, step, and grab (link) handle.

to mount skid plate on 2010 GC2400 took some modification but directions for that were included. you use your org u-bracket and when ordering they ask you if you have org u-bracket, depending on year some did and some did not BUT they will work with you. at no extra cost.
I did have to do some extra trimming on skid plate for my 4wd shaft and mid mount mower shaft but once I saw what needed to be done that took very short time. now my filter housing and fan are protected yet there are air holes (unlike brotek) to assist with cooling.

I mentioned access to heat earlier, just had to adjust skid plates on blower. all iced up. heat gun fixed that in 5 minutes. very few think about ability to heat stuff in order to fix it.
keep that in mind.

Last edited:
   / New MF GC1723E owner. What next? #37  
No worries here, mate... I've found NUMEROUS uses for my RC airplane plastic shrink covering heat gun over the years! (It is definitely NOT a hair dryer....)

/ New MF GC1723E owner. What next? #38  
No worries here, mate... I've found NUMEROUS uses for my RC airplane plastic shrink covering heat gun over the years! (It is definitely NOT a hair dryer....)
yup this is true story.
hat blew off last year (I regained it) when blowing.
got back home thought would dry snow off my hair using heat gun, was cheap one thought not much more powerful than wifes hair dryer.
good thing I had planned on cutting my hair (I let it grow then cut all to 1/8" or so using #1 guide on wahl hair cutter) that week.
snow was all gone in hurry though.
I never said I was good at this stuff :)