/ New member #11  
Just a couple of ideas. I rebuilt a '48 Farmal cub carb one time. Cleaned it well and reassembled it a couple of times and it wouldn't run right. I went through it carefully and discovered that where I bolted it on to the intake, just under the gasket - the carb was warped and no matter what, wouldn't give me a good seal. I solved that with a gooey gray gasket maker that I put on both sides of the gasket and mated the surfaces and bolted it on. I let it harden up a day before I started the tractor. Solved the problem and held up for years.

Another time my one cylinder Suzuki LS650 motocycle was flooding everytime I took it out - streaming gas out the overflow outlet. The car was in good shape, the float, etc. . I figured out that the gas tank had rust in it and a piece made it through the in-tank filter and prevented the float from closing all of the way. My solution was to add another fuel filter - JC Whitney transparent glass filter between the tank and the carb. That solved that one. When the glass filter got dirty - I unscrewed and drained it, cleaned it, reassembled it and was good to go. - I never thought rust could do that, but it did.

Goodluck.

/ New member
Well I got the W4 running. I pulled the head off of my 52 and it looked fine. It has not been running for about 25 years so I was a bit nervous. My mech friend said it should be fine. I ordered a new head gasket that cost $150cdn and took about three weeks to get here. It was made in China and went via Mexico into the US somewhere and then by pack mules to Canada. We are in the middle of our calving so spare time is limited. When I got it together it would not start. Took a look at the inline fuel filter. No gas. With fresh gas it lit right up and smoked like ****. As you can well imagine what was going through my mind. Once the smoke cleared and the carb adjusted, it sits and purrs and seems just fine. Now to put the tin on and a few other pieces and I am ready to make circles in the dirt! Just thought to let you guys know and thanks for the support.