New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #51  
Congrats on your new tractor! Be sure to post some pics when you get it!

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501
Congrats on your new tractor! Be sure to post some pics when you get it!
She showed up early this morning, what a beast! I drove her around for a bit and let my son get some seat time long enough to snap a photo or two. Thanks again for the advice, this is plenty tractor for my property.

PXL_20220405_131059232~2.jpg

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #53  
She showed up early this morning, what a beast! I drove her around for a bit and let my son get some seat time long enough to snap a photo or two. Thanks again for the advice, this is plenty tractor for my property.

View attachment 740511
Almost as good as a Kioti. Lol

Almost as good as a Kioti. Lol
Ha! Honestly you can't go wrong with any modern diesel... I almost pulled the trigger on that CK2510 but changed my mind for a few reasons mainly dealer support related.

1. There's a dealer close to me, however, they are a small operation and longevity was a concern. The other one nearby was quite a bit pricier.

2. There was only one source of online parts that I could find for Kioti's besides routine maintenance items like filters and oil, this was another consideration for me as I was easily able to locate 5-10 online dealers for Kubota OEM parts.

3. Not much of a pricing difference for me to forego the third gear and independent PTO on the LX2610 vs the 2 gear and live PTO on the ck2510.

Again, not knocking the Kioti - I was a huge fan of what I saw and if I had more property I would have gone with the CK2610 for sure.

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #55  

View attachment 740511
Congratulations you will find endless things to do with your new tractor.

Congratulations you will find endless things to do with your new tractor.
Thank you Richard, gonna break her in proper this weekend by moving 1 whole yard of 6A limestone lol - gotta start small 😂

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #57  
Ha! Honestly you can't go wrong with any modern diesel... I almost pulled the trigger on that CK2510 but changed my mind for a few reasons mainly dealer support related.

1. There's a dealer close to me, however, they are a small operation and longevity was a concern. The other one nearby was quite a bit pricier.

2. There was only one source of online parts that I could find for Kioti's besides routine maintenance items like filters and oil, this was another consideration for me as I was easily able to locate 5-10 online dealers for Kubota OEM parts.

3. Not much of a pricing difference for me to forego the third gear and independent PTO on the LX2610 vs the 2 gear and live PTO on the ck2510.

Again, not knocking the Kioti - I was a huge fan of what I saw and if I had more property I would have gone with the CK2610 for sure.
Dealer issues are a big problem here in Ontario. And parts and consumables are hard to find. I would certainly like the Kubota for that.

But I have a question for you, is your rear axle cast iron or cast aluminum?

I used to run a sidewalk crew and we purchased several Kubota 30/30 sidewalk plows. 2 of these units suffered catastrophic rear axle failures when my operators allowed the rear wheels to "slightly" come into contact with a fire hydrant. I say slightly since the contact didn't even remove any paint.

I've been leary of Kubota since then.

Dealer issues are a big problem here in Ontario. And parts and consumables are hard to find. I would certainly like the Kubota for that.

But I have a question for you, is your rear axle cast iron or cast aluminum?

I used to run a sidewalk crew and we purchased several Kubota 30/30 sidewalk plows. 2 of these units suffered catastrophic rear axle failures when my operators allowed the rear wheels to "slightly" come into contact with a fire hydrant. I say slightly since the contact didn't even remove any paint.

I've been leary of Kubota since then.
It's aluminum vs. cast iron. I don't have concerns there because I opted for the KTAC insurance so if there is any sort of catastrophe besides act of war, negligence on my part, or terrorism, the unit is covered. I'll be operating the unit in a residential setting as well, with limited opportunity for such failures.

/ New Member - SA424, LX2610SU, or L2501 #59  
Congrats. I'm not familiar with the tractor you've bought so I don't know how much of this actually applies to your tractor.

You might want to take a few minutes and research or at least look at your filter locations to assess whether they are vulnerable to damage. Some people are putting guards on their filters that are under the tractor on the L2501 model, I don't know if your LX model is similar.

Adding expanded metal to the front guard to protect the plastic grill is also another good idea. And the taillights on the fenders are vulnerable to damage if you back into something.

I could see where some brush might want to snag the exhaust pipe.

Just a few things to hopefully save you some money.