New member; an encouraging story

/ New member; an encouraging story #1  

Alan7s

Silver Member
Tractor
Terramite T5C
Hi Everyone; I just bought a T5C 2002 and glad to have a place to get some help. Thought you might enjoy what happened. After buying the machine and picking it up, I felt satisfied that it was a good deal. The guy seemed nice and had just put in a new Kohler 20 HP engine. After a few hours of work (and it works great) I was concerned about a sound while driving it. Decided to check the diff; no drain so took off the cover plate and clunk clank goes the bearings in the pan. Have to pray about this one! I don't think the seller knew much about mechanical stuff so I'm OK with that. Now I live on a short dead end street; barely knowing one guy except that he tinkers with cars, asked if he knew anyone that did repair work on differentials. He told me he was real busy but bring it to his shop (a few houses away) and he'd take a look. His life work? Rebuilding differentials. He had all the machinery; bearings seals; picked up a few parts he still needed; made shims; worked out stuff like backlash and proper contact of gear teeth. . . Next day I had it in and it works smooth as silk. He only wanted $ to cover bearings but I gave him a good tip. Great machine; God is good.

/ New member; an encouraging story #2  
thanks for the post, It is good to remember that there are good people in this world. We hear so much about the bad things people do it is easy to forget, and yes God is very good.