New mailbox

/ New mailbox #1  

nybirdman

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
Decided to replace my 30+ year old mail-box;left the post as is.I have a couple neighbors with JD boxes(and they don't own anything),this ought to "torque em". kubota mailbox.jpg

/ New mailbox #2  
Yep, you'll get their attention for sure!!!! :)

Not sure your mail person will like the chains as much though. I'm assuming you have lots of snow so want the box to be able to swing a little when the plow zooms by?? :)

/ New mailbox
Yep, you'll get their attention for sure!!!! :)

Not sure your mail person will like the chains as much though. I'm assuming you have lots of snow so want the box to be able to swing a little when the plow zooms by?? :)
Yep,lots of snow and snow plows;that's what beat up the last one.Never had a complaint from our mail person.

/ New mailbox #4  
Yep,lots of snow and snow plows;that's what beat up the last one.Never had a complaint from our mail person.

I live on a State Hiway. They used to knock my box down a couple times a Winter. Several years ago I replaced the wooden pole and box holder with an 8" heavy wall pipe filled with concrete and a steel double angle iron arm for the box to set on. Strangely they drive around it now. :D

/ New mailbox #5  
Very nice... perhaps one more chain anchor point, back-bottom, to reduce the swing for the postie delivering?

/ New mailbox #6  
Wow. Your last name is Kubota? What a coincidence - I have a tractor with that name! :D

Looks good!

/ New mailbox #7  
Grand idea. Looks good too!

/ New mailbox #8  
Not snow plows but cars. When I was a kid in Ohio (circa 1960), we lived on (then) a very rural road, near Centerville. We lived at the end of a long straight road, but had about a 45* turn at the end. We lived about 100yds beyond the turn.

Folks not familiar with the area would take their Sunday drives and of course a 2 mile straight road invites speed. The would almost always run off the road on one side and overcorrect to the other side, and when the did that they would take out our mail box.

Initially it was wooden post with the mailbox on top. Every time they hit it, my dad would file a claim with their insurance, which usually paid about $50. He then went bout cementing in a new post and mailbox. That is till he wised up, and cemented in a bottom metal post, with a top post that merely slipped over the bottom, like fence rails. Then when they hit it, which still happened way too often, all he had to do was get a new mail box, and that same piece of pipe. New cost was about $10, so he made $40 every time.

The only one he never filed a claim on was a guy and his 10yr old daughter in a little sports car. They wiped out our mail box and then went through the neighbors wood fence. They daughter was thrown to the floor (no seatbelts then) and one of the 2x6 fence planks drove itself through the grill of the car, through the radiator, and firewall and was protruding about a ft through the back of the daughters seatback. She was pinned to the floor because the board was literally touching her spine.

The dad was freaking out until my dad, me and our neighbor freed her from the car. That's the only time I have seen where wearing a seat belt WOULD have caused a fatality. I didn't know why the dad was freaking out at first because I didn't even see the daughter in there at first.

We visited the old homestead about 15 yrs ago and that old country road is now a 4 lane highway :eek:. Times change.

/ New mailbox #9  
That should catch eye or two.:thumbsup:

/ New mailbox #10  
324 Kubota
Do a Google Maps search on 324 Kubota. Do you live at 324 Kubota Drive, Lane, or Way?