New L4802 Rumble sound when turning steering wheel

/ New L4802 Rumble sound when turning steering wheel #1  

gumshu

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2025R TLB, Kubota L4802 and Can Am Defender HD7
Just bought a new L4802 and starting to use it. Just turned 4 hours on it and during use it makes a loud rumble sound when turning the steering wheel. At first, I thought this could be normal for this machine, but I’m not so sure. Checking opinions before contacting the dealer. Any thoughts out there? Thanks

/ New L4802 Rumble sound when turning steering wheel #2  
I'd check with the dealer. L2501 has no such rumble and can't see why L4802 would be any different

/ New L4802 Rumble sound when turning steering wheel #3  
Years ago I had a B7500 that .made an awful sound when turned hard right. It was the R4 nubs running over the steering column.

Not actually "when turning" but figured I'd throw it out there.

/ New L4802 Rumble sound when turning steering wheel #4  
I bent a guard that was rubbing on my steering shaft. Thought something was going out for a bit. Bent it back & rubbing stopped.

/ New L4802 Rumble sound when turning steering wheel
Yeah, I’m going to have to bring it in. I went to the dealer this morning and tried an L3302 which didn’t have this issue and sounded as it should… smooth, no noise. This is frustrating as you’d think the dealer would have noticed this issue as they prepped the unit for sale. Anyway, I’ll have to call Monday to make an appt.

Well, I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the “hand valve“ in the steering column area, but it didn’t do much to stop the noise. According to the service tech, Kubota said the noise was normal. This was the only L4802 that the dealer has sold, so I don’t have another for comparison. just Doesn’t sound right. I’m going to check their inventory from time to time to check on others. Also, the wheels seem to be canted inwards a bit more than I’d ever seen on a Kubota. They said that’s normal too.

/ New L4802 Rumble sound when turning steering wheel #7  
Also, the wheels seem to be canted inwards a bit more than I’d ever seen on a Kubota. They said that’s normal too.

Can you share a picture? I've always felt my 4701 front wheels are angled a bit more inward than I'd expect, but I've never done anything about it (nor researched it).

Can you share a picture? I've always felt my 4701 front wheels are angled a bit more inward than I'd expect, but I've never done anything about it (nor researched it).
Sure. I’ll take one tomorrow and post it.

Here are two. I should have lifted the loader, but would have had to then vent out the shop… animals.
1650727F-B0D1-49FB-8436-A3B5F9350A5E.jpeg
7600B585-D97B-47E4-B1A2-676E9B637C79.jpeg

/ New L4802 Rumble sound when turning steering wheel #10  
I've had a trio of 4WD Kubotae and a Ford. All have that what looks like way too much positive camber. Here's a pic taken recently that kinda shows the LF tire. I grooved them about 3 years ago. The tread is worn on the outside to the point the grooves are nearly gone, while the inboard side shows almost no wear. If it was easy I'd remount them on opposite sides. Most likely I'll just recut the grooves.

Really clean looking tractor there gumshu. That loader probably wouldn't put up too much of a fuss if you offered it a little grease:)

Attachments

• Front Wear.jpg
    Front Wear.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 49