New Kioti NX6010 Problems

/ New Kioti NX6010 Problems #22  
I should correct my previous comment about the HST NX models with known transmission issues. The late models have a well known history of this. I was in the market a few months back… did some internet searches for “issues” and had talks with two separate dealers with lightly used NX models for sale. Both admitted they had issues in many of the HST units that you describe. There was a recall, or service bulletin etc… because Kioti admitted there was a problem with the HST on these models. There was a kit they would install including grounding straps to help rectify it. Some tractors were split to install new HST servos.
Your description is identical to those reports I found… (inching up to a building or equipment and they could have killed/injured someone). To be fair, it wasn’t every unit, but there were a lot, and Kioti responded with a “fix” meaning it was not a figment of their imaginations.
Hoping for a solution for you.

/ New Kioti NX6010 Problems
Hmm. 🤔 That fancy HST in my 2014 NX 4510HST/cab has been trouble-free for nine years. Guess I just got lucky! ;) :)

OP, the transmission issue you describe -- hesitation-followed by sudden jumping -- is flat out dangerous. Glad the dealer is picking the tractor up for service. I would tell them, firmly but nicely, that the tractor is simply too dangerous to use in its present condition, and that it should never even have been sold to you without the recall fix first being performed. Same with the four-wheel drive cable grounding fix, which is likewise a safety issue when performing certain operations.

It sounds like both issues were known to the dealer at time of sale, or certainly should have been known. I don't know the terms of the actual deal you made, but if these two material issues were not disclosed, despite factory recalls pending, I'd say you have a right to rescind the sale right now if you aren't satisfied that both can be fixed promptly.

BTW, if your tractor was delivered with 14 hours on it (you don't actually say whether it was), that is rather high. Even for one that's been driven around the dealer's lot for awhile. I would simply ask the dealer directly if you were the first person the tractor was sold to.

As for the other problems you mention, they are all quite minor in my book. Here are my thoughts.

FEL bucket guide rod missing: This is a dealer issue, and hopefully just due to the dealer being new. The bucket level indicator absolutely is a standard feature on the KL 6010 loader: https://www.kioti.com/products/attachments/front-end-loaders/kl6010/
The indicator can't work at all without the guide rod, so there's no way it could be "optional."

No left-side armrest on the seat: Is this even available as an option? It's not listed on Kioti's website. My NX didn't come with one, and frankly I think one would just get in the way for me, and I'm not all that big a guy.

No rear windshield wiper: This is an optional item on all the Kioti cab models, as clearly shown on the Kioti website. It's easily added if you want it. I think my dealer charged me about $140 installed back then. No, I wouldn't expect this to be included as standard, even on Kioti's flagship models, which the NX series are.

No radio faceplate: Unless something's changed in the new NX series, or I'm misunderstanding what you mean, I certainly agree with you here. Isn't this just a blank plate of gray plastic? What is covering the radio-cutout opening now in the headliner console on your NX? Maybe this is another issue attributable to the dealer being new?

Hydraulic couplings are poppet Pioneer style: Yes, all of the hydraulic couplers on all of the Kioti models are poppet Pioneer style. They will work with poppet and non-poppet ag couplers. You prefer flat-faced couplers for your implements and attachments, and that's fine. But many folks don't want those, and I don't know of any brand of CUT or Utility tractor that comes standard with them, at least in North America.

You have difficulty seeing the quick-attach plate when hooking up to attachments without sitting on the front edge of the seat: Yep, sounds right. Wish that weren't the case, but I think that's pretty much so on most CUT and Utility tractors, regardless of brand, as contrasted to industrial skid-steer machines. It's great that you don't have the issue on your older DK!

The R-14 tires tear up the ground more than your R-4's on your DK: That's interesting feedback to hear. R-14s weren't available as an option when I bought my NX and my 2018 CK 3510HST. Did you elect R-14s, rather than R-4s? I haven't checked recently, but tractor dealers around here normally order with R-4s unless the buyer requests otherwise. I have R-3s on all my tractors, as they're better suited to my needs (mostly road maintenance, dirt moving, grapple work, and (until this year anyway!) snow removal).

Sure hope your dealer is able to get you squared away quickly. I know you're disappointed right now, but the NX 6010HST/cab is a very good tractor. I think you'll really like it once things are sorted out.
Thank you for the input.

The IV shows left armrest and radio faceplate.

I thought the top-of-the-line NX would come with all the options like my DK45. The dealer didn’t tell me what options were available and seemed surprised when I pointed out that the left armrest was missing.

Yes, a plastic plate is over the hole where the radio goes. The dealer said all the wiring and speakers were already installed. All that was needed was a “face plate” to have music. The radio “face plate” was listed on the IV.

My Wildcat root grapple and Maxilator Hay Accumulator and Grapple both came with flat-face hydraulic couplings. The new post-hole digger I looked at has them. The wet kit that I had put on my DK45 has flat-faced couplings.

The R-14 came on the NX. The dealer said they were better.

At first, the dealer said the 4-wheel drive issue was the ground cable from the frame to the cab. Then the dealer called Kioti tech and let me listen to the conversation. The tech looked up the SN and said my tractor was newer than the factory recall ground cable models. He told the dealer to trace the wiring.

A new problem became apparent when picking up a large log in the mud with the grapple with the tires spinning. Suddenly the tractor stalled. This happened 4 times in a row. I had to wait about 30 seconds before it would restart. Finally, I noticed a light on the right bottom of the dash with “CAL” inside the gear-looking icon. The next time it stalled was at my brush pile with wheels spinning in the mud. This time the engine didn’t stall, but it would not move forward or backward for maybe 30-45 seconds, and the “CAL” came on. The last button on the right-side control row has a “CAL”. All I found in the manual was the icon listed on the dashboard drawing. The dealer didn’t even know they were there, much less what they were for. The Kioti tech, in not a nice tone, told him he should have watched video number something.

The Koiti tech told the dealer that there were 2 software programs and to try both. Each has a different effect on the moving hesitation then jump problem.

The dealer finally picked up my tractor last Thursday.

I wish I had my money back then, I could shop at another dealer and maybe for another model or brand.

I should correct my previous comment about the HST NX models with known transmission issues. The late models have a well known history of this. I was in the market a few months back… did some internet searches for “issues” and had talks with two separate dealers with lightly used NX models for sale. Both admitted they had issues in many of the HST units that you describe. There was a recall, or service bulletin etc… because Kioti admitted there was a problem with the HST on these models. There was a kit they would install including grounding straps to help rectify it. Some tractors were split to install new HST servos.
Your description is identical to those reports I found… (inching up to a building or equipment and they could have killed/injured someone). To be fair, it wasn’t every unit, but there were a lot, and Kioti responded with a “fix” meaning it was not a figment of their imaginations.
Hoping for a solution for you.

Thank you. Good to know.

/ New Kioti NX6010 Problems #26  
Landdog49, any further update on your issues? It's been a few weeks since the dealer picked up your tractor, so hopefully you've gotten some answers by now.

/ New Kioti NX6010 Problems #27  
What a bad deal this fellow got; I hope the dealer/factory comes to his rescue.

/ New Kioti NX6010 Problems #28  
I told him that the bucket guide rod was missing. He said that was an option. In fact, everything bolted to the tractor is an option. Then he said he thought he had one around there somewhere and would put it on.
Candidly it's an option on newer Kubota's as well but it's only a 25 buck to add option.

/ New Kioti NX6010 Problems #29  
I bought a 4510 for my wife to use because the transmission is so smooth and the no stall feature works so well. The safety switch did crap out and was replaced under warranty but other than that it has done fine.